The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Worst night of my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You are right Project15, laws are definetly not made to be broken, and there are people that dont drink underage (I just dont know any, LOL). But what does this law do to protect people? My friends and I would be out at the poolhall till 2-2:30 in the morning when we were "underage" and nothing bad ever came of it. I can honestly say I dont recall anything bad ever coming from staying out past the curfew to anyone in my high school (and there again I am sure not everyone did it)

Bill

Next time your out raising hell and you see a car pull a u-turn and you see them get on a cell. Haul your ass outta of there:thumb:

BTW I don't think they can get you for streetracing but not saying your friends names:shhh: is going to cost you some cash or maybe even your license.

I did bounce and thats why i got caught because i bounced on all my friends.. The ups and downs of a turboed car. At the time i wish my car was slow and was way back.

If the cop did not see you himself racing then the offduty cop himself will have to testify that you were racing. Try and use that abuse of power ploy also, because he gave you multiple tickets. It has worked before. Good luck.

Also if he got you because you were faster than your friends, then he will probably say, if he saw you pulling away from your friends, that you were racing them. Even though you are not speeding, does not mean that you are not racing.

Ignore the guys saying you should have run. Evading arrest is a felony in most places.

Unfortunately, you're probably boned. If you had been pulled over not doing anything but following the speed limit, they couldn't have done anything. Now they've got:

1) Complaint from another motorist of reckless driving.
2) You zooming away from your friends, could be interpreted as racing.
3) Evading arrest.
4) Disrespecting an officer (misdemeanor in many areas)
5) Potentially conspiracy to commit a crime(street racing, in this circumstance)

Or, if you had just driven in a civil matter, you would have gotten a warning at most.

just take it to court, get a lawyer, they will dismiss it most likely if you really werent doing it because the odds of the cop showing up and fabricating a lie are pretty slim

saw wave analog said:
just take it to court, get a lawyer, they will dismiss it most likely if you really werent doing it because the odds of the cop showing up and fabricating a lie are pretty slim

this is the best post in this thread thus far. just take his advice, and everything will be fine. Been there done that with the curfew bullshit, sucks I know. I have been signed for by many people heh..(in chicago if you get caught for curfew they take you home and someone "signs for you". In chicago its to keep gang BS down. So I understand it, but its still bullshit..

was there only one car? i dont see how they can pin racing on you if there was only one car...some **** copsd jsut enjoy pulling over imports with big mufflers. i'd fight that shit. as for the 11 pm thing, ever since they implemented the jr license its always been under 18, cant drive btwn 11 pm and 5 am, and they make this clear when you get your license....so i don't feel too sorry for you there. but other wise, fight that shit...assholes can't give you a ticket for "lying", for all you knew they weren't your friends.

I didn't tell him to run from the cops, I said when he saw the SUV turn around and get on his cell he should have got the hell outta of there.:thumb:

This is way I don't have a turbo car, not really:cry:

saw wave analog said:

Take his advice. The racing charge will be dropped. There are specific guidlines that have to be met within the racing ticket and several of them clearly aren't met in your case. Just get a lawyer and he'll help you get a deal.

phillabaum03 said:
So me and some friends were out around town havin some fun. Not being to crazy with are cars and then i see a SUV do a you turn and get on his cell phone.. Next thing i know the cops are starting to follow me. Then they hit there light and pull me over. They say one of the off duty cops seen me and my friends racing around and call him. So the cop asks me who my friends names are and i told him i couldnt tell him. So he goes i hate liars so thats a ticket. I got tickets for racing which i didnt do. Wreckless driving and then he gave me a ticket because i told him that i was told by a different cop that curfew was 12 on weekend and its 11 i guess. So i got another one for operating a motor vehical at 11... There goes my license....:(
hate to be a dick but you need to learn how to type....the ticket is retarded because the cop that pulled you over didnt even see you racing.. (which is stupid) curfew's suck but once you turn 18 it doesnt matter:D

MCDGexx said:
Ouch. Some idiots ruin it for us all. But honestly if you're under 18, you don't need to be out driving past 11 anyway.
its 10 here, and YES I DO NEED TO BE OUT PAST 11, I have my reasons. Seriously, the graveyardshift at the bowling ally STARTS at 12, along with other places too;)

Glad I was'nt there. You depend on your brakes waaay to much, now slow down.:nono: ;) :dsm:

tstkl said:
its 10 here
Dude, its 11. And thats only for the first year of having a liscense. So if you were on top of things, by the time you're 17 you could be out however late you wanted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back