The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Worst night of my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillabaum03

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2005
sharpsville, Pennsylvania
So me and some friends were out around town havin some fun. Not being to crazy with are cars and then i see a SUV do a you turn and get on his cell phone.. Next thing i know the cops are starting to follow me. Then they hit there light and pull me over. They say one of the off duty cops seen me and my friends racing around and call him. So the cop asks me who my friends names are and i told him i couldnt tell him. So he goes i hate liars so thats a ticket. I got tickets for racing which i didnt do. Wreckless driving and then he gave me a ticket because i told him that i was told by a different cop that curfew was 12 on weekend and its 11 i guess. So i got another one for operating a motor vehical at 11... There goes my license....:(

Ouch. Some idiots ruin it for us all. But honestly if you're under 18, you don't need to be out driving past 11 anyway.

phillabaum03 said:
So me and some friends were out around town havin some fun. Not being to crazy with are cars and then i see a SUV do a you turn and get on his cell phone.. Next thing i know the cops are starting to follow me. Then they hit there light and pull me over. They say one of the off duty cops seen me and my friends racing around and call him. So the cop asks me who my friends names are and i told him i couldnt tell him. So he goes i hate liars so thats a ticket. I got tickets for racing which i didnt do. Wreckless driving and then he gave me a ticket because i told him that i was told by a different cop that curfew was 12 on weekend and its 11 i guess. So i got another one for operating a motor vehical at 11... There goes my license....:(

That SUV was probably a Park Police. The minute you saw the SUV make a U-turn and get on his cell phone, that should have told you to either find the nearest turn or exit out of somewhere. Im sure the cops came 5 mins or so later and then busted your ass. Either way, if your going to act stupid on the roads, know when to dip out when you get into situations like these.

Don't cry about what you could have or should have done differently. Just shrug it off, look at the situation at hand, and start thinking how you will try to get out of it in court.

MCDGexx said:
Ouch. Some idiots ruin it for us all. But honestly if you're under 18, you don't need to be out driving past 11 anyway.

I'm sorry but that is on of the lamest things I have ever heard. What does it matter how old you are? There is nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends while driving around. And to the thread, when you saw him pull the U-ey...You should have instantly booked it into a side street or something. Same goes if you see a cop pull a U-ey after passing you. Just don't make it to obvious your trying to hide.

Yeah i must concur. The curfew bullshit pisses me off. I was 18 just a few years ago and I hated having to worry about that shit. Why should you have to cut your fun LEGAL night short because some democrats think that all kids under the age of 25 are going to cause trouble. Bullshit. Straight BULLSHIT.

And for the cop. I think you should never stay in a spot for too long if you know youre in the wrong. Not a very good example but you dont see burglars hangin out in front of the house they just robbed. Common sence man, use your head.
Also, sorry about losing your license, IF that is what ends up happening, I lost mine for a year for certain reasons. Then i was caught driving RESPONSIBLY for an expired plate while i was still under my revokation. Now i lose it for another 4 years because i'm considered a habitual offender; i've commited too many "crimes" behind the wheel. ####in rediculous. I'm getting a lawyer and trying to fight my way into only another year of no license. It's crushing me. Word of advice from the experianced: serve your year and do NOT drive.

1gcrazy said:
Yeah i must concur. The curfew bullshit pisses me off. I was 18 just a few years ago and I hated having to worry about that shit. Why should you have to cut your fun LEGAL night short because some democrats think that all kids under the age of 25 are going to cause trouble. Bullshit. Straight BULLSHIT.

And for the cop. I think you should never stay in a spot for too long if you know youre in the wrong. Not a very good example but you dont see burglars hangin out in front of the house they just robbed. Common sence man, use your head.
Also, sorry about losing your license, IF that is what ends up happening, I lost mine for a year for certain reasons. Then i was caught driving RESPONSIBLY for an expired plate while i was still under my revokation. Now i lose it for another 4 years because i'm considered a habitual offender; i've commited too many "crimes" behind the wheel. ####in rediculous. I'm getting a lawyer and trying to fight my way into only another year of no license. It's crushing me. Word of advice from the experianced: serve your year and do NOT drive.

sounds to me like you have a problem being an adult and taking on responsibility.

I'm 21 and I think the under 18 curfew is a bit much. now 17 under makes more since, I mean legaly a 18yr old is now an adult, soo it would make since that he should be able to stay out as long as he damn well pleases.

I know there were many nights when I was 16-17 though I went out just rideing, didn't even care where I was going just felt like going for a midnight cruse to clear my head.

You guys have curfews? We have the 3 license system, you start with a G1 which you need a person that has 5 years of experience to drive with you at all times. You can't drive after 12 am and you can't take any major highways. You get this license at 16, 8 months later you can apply for your G2 which you can do whatever the hell you want except you can't have ANY alcohol levels in you at all. 8months later you upgrade to a G license where you have no restrictions except your alcohol level cannot go beyond "0.05".

Ill be 18 in 3 day. And i definatley downshifted and bounded threw the side streets but like i said that cops came out of every road.

Synapses said:
I'm sorry but that is on of the lamest things I have ever heard. What does it matter how old you are? There is nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends while driving around. And to the thread, when you saw him pull the U-ey...You should have instantly booked it into a side street or something. Same goes if you see a cop pull a U-ey after passing you. Just don't make it to obvious your trying to hide.
It matters because its the law and its there for a reason. If there was no curfew every freaking teenager in the world would be out until 5 in the morning. If you don't like it move somewhere else. But in the mean time gain some respect for the law, and you shouldn't be doing anything that makes you have to turn away from the cop, if you're doing something illegal you deserve to get the ticket, its as simple as that.

RipperXX said:
I'm 21 and I think the under 18 curfew is a bit much. now 17 under makes more since, I mean legaly a 18yr old is now an adult, soo it would make since that he should be able to stay out as long as he damn well pleases.

I know there were many nights when I was 16-17 though I went out just rideing, didn't even care where I was going just felt like going for a midnight cruse to clear my head.

It is under 18, the day you turn 18 you can stay out as long as you like. There is a big difference in maturity difference from 16,17 to 18.

I was told by a different officer that curfew was till 12 on weekends. Ill take the ticket but they made stuff up like racing and wreckless driving. I might of been speeding but nothing crazy and its not like i was out driving around the town. I was coming from OHIO back to my house in PA.

Wow you shoulve dipped. Honestly thats retarded... So wait a sec, you werent doing anything illegal, but he says he gave you a ticket because he doesnt like liars? Thats doesn't make sense and you could easily fight that in court. If an off duty cop saw you and vouches for the unit then you may be in trouble. You shouldnt have been racing around or doing anything illegal round cars anyway, ANY ONE OF THEM could be an off duty cop. Sorry to say, but serves you right...

I did dip but he called like the whole police force. I need to find out when he seen us messing around because i believe it was in ohio and when we go in pa the cops where waiting for use and if we didnt do anything wrong in pa which i dont think we did then they cant do anything. And it to late for them to try and ticket me in OH. I dont mind getting a ticket in OH because the points dont transfer and i wont lose my liecense.

MCDGexx:
It is under 18, the day you turn 18 you can stay out as long as you like. There is a big difference in maturity difference from 16,17 to 18.

Not really. I mean it is not like on the exact second your turn 18 you become more enlightened. It is exactly the same with 21 and drinking legally. Everyone drinks underage, just like everyone drives after the curfue, the rule is just there so that they can pull you over and bust your balls. When I was 17 and living in New Jersey they had this law, but no punishments to back it up. So it is very obvious that it is just there so that they can bust your balls.

project15 said:
sounds to me like you have a problem being an adult and taking on responsibility.
Dude I live on my own, I pay my own bills, I fix my own cars and I use my own money. I dont live with mommy and I'm keeping a well paying job.
No, I dont have a problem with being an adult. I recieved a dui in college and i'm still dealing with it almost a year and a half later. The legal system has litterally bent me over and made its way with me. I lost my license for a year. Great i accept that and i'm willing to deal with that. Now since i've been caught driving (to WORK) twice they want to take it away for 4 years. I was trying to keep the lights on, trying to keep my responsibilties taken care of and I needed my car. I dont have very many friends where I live so it's not like i can get a ride when i need a favor. My parents live over 2 hours away. The bus system wanted to drop me off at work 2 hours early. Taxi is just too exensive and unreliable. I could literally go on for days on how colorado is unreasonable and rediculous but i'll spare you guys.

MCDGexx said:
It matters because its the law and its there for a reason. If there was no curfew every freaking teenager in the world would be out until 5 in the morning. If you don't like it move somewhere else. But in the mean time gain some respect for the law, and you shouldn't be doing anything that makes you have to turn away from the cop, if you're doing something illegal you deserve to get the ticket, its as simple as that.

First of all I live in a town where there is no curfew. Second, I have respect for the law BUT they get carried away about alot of things. Third, cops pull you over for no reason, they see the N on your car and pull you over (N meaning your a new driver, its a magnet) and somtimes I just don't feel like being pulled over while working.

Synapses said:
First of all I live in a town where there is no curfew. Second, I have respect for the law BUT they get carried away about alot of things. Third, cops pull you over for no reason, they see the N on your car and pull you over (N meaning your a new driver, its a magnet) and somtimes I just don't feel like being pulled over while working.

You have to put a N magnet on your car..... :tease:

they cant do that! the cop that pulls you over has to actually see you racing....theres no way that would stand up in court

Even if he fights it in court, he'll most likely still having to pay court costs... Which is the main thing they want anymore.

123bobby123 said:
It is exactly the same with 21 and drinking legally. Everyone drinks underage, just like everyone drives after the curfue, the rule is just there so that they can pull you over and bust your balls.

woah...not EVERYONE disobeys laws. i never drank (except champaign at a wedding once) until i was over 21 and I'm sure there's a lot of other people that uphold laws too. They are not MADE to be broken, they are to protect the safety of you and people around you.

I dont care about pay court cost. I just cant lose my license.. If i lose it i wont have a job no more.

MCDGexx said:

LMFAO... wrong

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back