The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Wink Mirror

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man idk about you n/t guys

What? You dont have a wink mirror? What does a turbo have to do with a mirror? What is hard to know about different styles of mirrors and the appreciation of interior setup? What does turbo have to do with interior?

Holy crap.... If he had this car on Craigslist it would win the "funniest stuff on craigslist" ad. Ugly as heck.

:applause: And your's would win the "Looks like every other eclipse dyno queen" Award.

Yep, mine is horrid looking and the only thing it has is a decent dyno number... Maybe I'll order me some hello kitty stickers and a schoolbus mirror so I can be cool also

Yeah, you are such a ricer for owning a fast car.

Yep, mine is horrid looking and the only thing it has is a decent dyno number... Maybe I'll order me some hello kitty stickers and a schoolbus mirror so I can be cool also

Now you sound like a honda hatchback jdm bandwagon jumper. You would be cool. Too bad your not.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Now you sound like a honda hatchback jdm bandwagon jumper. You would be cool. Too bad your not.

I have no idea what you're even saying... Anyone care to decifer?

Couple quick things;

1. If you were ever in a bad accident that mirror could really hurt someone in the car.

2. Have you ever really owned a true sports car, let alone an import sports car? It just seems as if you think you have a lot of knowledge to offer and I'd like to know where it's coming from. I can't wait for your writeup on how to put stickers on your car and spray some canned clear coat over them.

These type of mirriors were designed with a function in mind. And it defenitely wasn't to look pretty. Circle track racers use these to see who's behind them and who's coming around them in a turn. Even most of those guys don't use mirrors this long due to the availability of shorter, smaller convex mirrors.

With this type of mirror in a 2G Eclipse, I'd imagine you'd see exactly what the factory mirror shows - whatever is directly behind you. But you'll also have a great view of all the rear interior of your car. And for that, I feel it's useless. But to each his own.

If I were gunghoe about blind spots, for the same price, I'd opt for the better fitting, less bulky 14" mirror from Longacre.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have no idea what you're even saying... Anyone care to decifer?

Couple quick things;

1. If you were ever in a bad accident that mirror could really hurt someone in the car.

2. Have you ever really owned a true sports car, let alone an import sports car? It just seems as if you think you have a lot of knowledge to offer and I'd like to know where it's coming from. I can't wait for your writeup on how to put stickers on your car and spray some canned clear coat over them.

If I were ever in a bad accident. Anything in the car could hurt someone depending upon how bad the accident is. Your statement has too many broad factors and "what ifs" to have a final conclusion in saying a simple mirror is unsafe. I've owned this gs, a honda prelude and an oldsmobile alero. Along with 2 kawaisaki ninjas, a grand am a civic lx and currently a canyon. Fortunatly for you, you can always see how I put stickers on my car in my other thread. Use the search button. If you want a write up too bad, you can wait till I finish the whole process of my stickerbomb. Obviously you don't know how to stickerbomb because you'd know you need more than what you call "canned clear" to make the stickerbomb last and look good. But this is about the wink mirror, not stickerbomb.

The mirror definatly allows you to see blindspots. Take 26 dollars from your debit or credit card, log onto amazon.com and order one. Install and see for yourself. Its definatly an amazing improvement.

If I were ever in a bad accident. Anything in the car could hurt someone depending upon how bad the accident is. Your statement has too many broad factors and "what ifs" to have a final conclusion in saying a simple mirror is unsafe. I've owned this gs, a honda prelude and an oldsmobile alero. Along with 2 kawaisaki ninjas, a grand am a civic lx and currently a canyon. Fortunatly for you, you can always see how I put stickers on my car in my other thread. Use the search button. If you want a write up too bad, you can wait till I finish the whole process of my stickerbomb. Obviously you don't know how to stickerbomb because you'd know you need more than what you call "canned clear" to make the stickerbomb last and look good. But this is about the wink mirror, not stickerbomb.

The mirror definatly allows you to see blindspots. Take 26 dollars from your debit or credit card, log onto amazon.com and order one. Install and see for yourself. Its definatly an amazing improvement.

As an EMT I may have a small clue on what really causes damage in a car accident... You'd be surprise what can do serious damage that people have laying around in their cars.

As far as buying one, I'd rather not waste any money on trying to be the coolest emo on the block thanks.

He's saying that in a serious accident that big-ass mirror has the potential for becoming a large projectile that could add further injury to the occupants of the vehicle.

Personally in an accident I'd be more concerned about the 90lb German shepherd that is routinely in my car becoming a missile however; a huge mirror hitting me in the face wouldn't be much fun either.

As an EMT I may have a small clue on what really causes damage in a car accident... You'd be surprise what can do serious damage that people have laying around in their cars.

As far as buying one, I'd rather not waste any money on trying to be the coolest emo on the block thanks.

So instead your the coolest emo on dsmtuners.com debating my mirror!

Thank you for being an EMT your an expert and professional. I'm not worried about any accidents because I don't drive like a retard at expeditionary speeds on publics roads with my 600hp turbod dyno proven racing machine. I drive a 98 Eclipse GS daily to and from work, and on car cruz's where we don't get pulled over or act high and mighty. I own a 2gNT DSM and if you drive like a retard you'll get into an accident otherwise known as a wreck which could hurt or kill anyone.

He doesn't like the mirror and personally think it's useless and/or has potential to be dangerous, he clearly won't change his mind if you keep on arguing so be the better man and move on if he doesn't.

I personally agree with Phunny, but that's me (I just think that you most likely do it for the show and not for it's actual use.. but whatever, I won't argue over it.)

I doubt he would "stickerbomb" his eclipse.

I doubt he can think outside the narrow box most drones sit quitely and obey in.

Because you invented the stickerbomb and wink mirror trend.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back