The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Will ECM link replace my damaged cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
so my ECM link cable I think is one of the older ones made right around the time when v3 came out. The cable is malfunctioning right where the wire comes out of the little black box that the green light is on, and on the USB side of the cable. I've read on a few forums that they have replaced some peoples cables if the shipping is paid for and you send them your old cable back. Is this true some more input would be great cuz I want to get my link up and running

If it is anything under v3 I believe you need to send them the cable since the older versions could be counterfeited. Just email them, Tom is pretty good at replying to his customers.

Ok guys thanks I may just buy a new cable so I don't have to deal with a bunch of email tag..or Mabey he will see my post and contact me LOL but thanks for some input guys

Sort answer, no.

I recently sent in a couple ECUs for repairs, totaling nearly $250 in work. With those, I also sent in a 1G USB V3 cable that would not connect to my laptop. The guys at ECMlink tested my cable for free, and determined it was bad. I wasn't offered a new cable for free with my order, so I'm going to assume they aren't in the business if giving $hit away for free. I don't blame them. Basically, they told me my cable was bad, and said I could add a new one to my order if I wanted to replace it.

Hands down, the guys at ECMlink will provide you with some of the best customer service you'll ever get from a DSM vendor. However, they aren't in the business to work for free. I'm sure they will test your cable and tell you if it's good or bad no problem. I wouldn't expect to get a free replacement, though.

I figured as much I just went ahead and ordered a new cable 15min ago. It doesn't bother me considering I paid $200 for the link and injectors from a good friend. But it's always worth a shot LOL. And if they want my old cable they can have it and I'll ship it to them. I kno it's bad so it's all good. I just wanna get the link up and running so I can pull some logs to try and figure out what's up with the car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back