The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Will 420A TPS swap with 2G TPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan_40

Proven Member
Nov 5, 2013
Breezewood, Pennsylvania
Ok guys, so my 95 GST doesn't idle right. It'll idle surge, then have a very high idle, then sometimes idles fine. I've checked for boost leaks and such, nothing there. I'm down to thinking there's a bad spot in my TPS. I have a 98 gs 420a car sitting beside my house that I had as my first car, it's now blown up and I'm using it as a body parts car and such. Does anyone know if I can rob the TPS off of it to try on my GST? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a retarded question.

PlanZero, in not sure how to adjust it. If you could explain how to me that'd be awesome

I'm a 420a man, so I don't even have one, but it's the little screw on the top front of the throttle body. The Base Idle Set Screw allows you to set the idle and could be loose or missing. Someone else can guide you better than me for further instructions. Besides that, try cleaning your throttle body and butterfly. You might as well replace your tps if it's not your biss. They're only like $25 from rock auto. Com

Zero it with an ohms meter. You can also check for a dead spot with the meter..ive had them internally hang up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back