The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Wideband ECMLink wiring help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikTande

Supporting Member
Dec 17, 2012
Centennial, Colorado
the 1v signal is the wideband's internal narrowband simulation. However, ecmlink v3 can simulate narrowband using the 5v wideband signal. There are a couple different configurations, but the most common ways are to either:

- keep the factory fronto2 which is a narrowband signal(0-1v), install the wideband into a bung further down in the exhaust system, and wire the wideband (0-5v signal) to a separate input (like egr, pin 15 on 1g).
*OR*
- remove the factory fronto2, install wideband in fronto2 location, wire it (0-5v signal) to the fronto2 pin on the ecu (pin 4 on 1g), and simulate narrowband through Link.

either way, you're only dealing with the 5v signal.

I should also state that the narrowband signal, whether it's supplied by the factory o2 or simulated from the wideband, is used to control closedloop operation (idle/cruise), where the ecu uses this signal to adjust the amount of fuel being injected in order to maintain a stoichiometric air-fuel ratio (14.7:1 for gas).

OK, I think I got it. I installed my wideband 36 inches down from the turbo on my exhaust, so I will wire my 0-5v output to my EGR temp pin (number 15). Thanks! I'll do that tonight or tomorrow and mark this post resolved if it works.

What boost gauge do you have and why would you wire it into the ECU?

A more accurate data log? I have no idea to be honest, I thought maybe ECMLink could use it. I guess not though. It's a PLX wideband / boost gauge.

I'm marking this thread solved, I have the wideband logging in ECMLink properly now, (wired into pin 15 (EGR Temp) thanks for the help! :thumb:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back