The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Who has the nicest 420a engine bay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoopySLR

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2002
Highland, Michigan
I wanna see who has the best/cleanest/nicest 420a out there.

Not saying mine's the best, but I'm proud of it.
80088-12-04_Engine_Front.jpg

Lets see what everyone else has. Turbo, NA don't matter!

SnoopySLR said:
I wanna see who has the best/cleanest/nicest 420a out there.

Not saying mine's the best, but I'm proud of it.
80088-12-04_Engine_Front.jpg

Lets see what everyone else has. Turbo, NA don't matter!

no cam cover? whats up with that LOL. <underhood gross :cry:

I drive this thing about once a week, if that. I'm making a custom one out of stainless steel right now.

my engine bay. nothing too special right now but that will change a whole lot over this next year. you know why that is snoopy:thumb:

11725enginenew.jpg

and here is my buddies engine bay. hrc s25g turbo among other great things :dsm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

will have mine up soon

[meanwhile mike (thats me for those of you who dont know me) secretly purchases engine degreaser and a hi pressure hose]

miamieclipse said:
will have mine up soon

[meanwhile mike (thats me for those of you who dont know me) secretly purchases engine degreaser and a hi pressure hose]

LOL

not the greatest, but its clean and has a fancy purple box :D

Attachments

• newbay.JPG
    newbay.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 5,229
nice pics and im sorry for the cheap filter i got a new one since the pics that goes down below next to the SMIC

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 4,618
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 5,125
If anyone has seen HRCs engine it is VERY nice. Not a lot of chrome but very clean.

Mine...

Bill's... (taken a couple weeks back at the Shootout)

A little dirty, but

Lookin good guys! Keep them commin. Interceptor, what kit is that? Is that a HAHN kit? Looks really nice.

dr1665 your engine bay is nice! off topic but i got a q, does anyone elses radiator say Denso on it? i thought this was a little weird but mine says Denso on it.

Im impressed with some of these engine bays. Some of the local ones are just plain shit, really dirty. Nice to see some people that keep theirs really clean. I just cleaned my eclipse but now I have to do some work and get it dirty again, damn head gaskets.

gofaster87 said:
Im impressed with some of these engine bays. Some of the local ones are just plain shit, really dirty. Nice to see some people that keep theirs really clean. I just cleaned my eclipse but now I have to do some work and get it dirty again, damn head gaskets.

LOL!

Actually, that picture was taken last month when I rolled out to SoCal for a cruise. The weekend before, we swapped out my stock head for an ERT-built race head and decided to pull the block so we could paint it and clean the engine bay. You know you're getting good at pulling the 420a when you pull it all the way out just to clean it and paint it. :p

DontNeed8, wow thats clean.

DR1665, nice. I can't wait to pull my engine soon. I'm cleaning it like a mad man. Anything that don't need to be there is gettin pulled. I'm tuckin every wire and hose when it goes back in also. I'm going for the cleanest lookin engine bay ever. Ever see when a really good b18 swap is done on a civic? No wires, no hoses, nothing showing. Thats what I'm going for.

dont need 8 said:
Thanks, most people can't believe it is a 1997 both inside and out.

Very nice inside and out. Where did you get that rear clip:
5324small_rear_quarter.jpg

And is that a stock 97 front clip with some sort of splitter or chin spoiler on it in your sig photo. It looks good.

I know it's not the nicest, but alot of ricers think it's fast when I pop the hood. :laugh: And Snoopy, love the new turbo. :thumb:

31103Picture_002-med.jpg

SnoopySLR said:
Lookin good guys! Keep them commin. Interceptor, what kit is that? Is that a HAHN kit? Looks really nice.
Yes its a Hahn Stage 1 with custom piping str8 thru the battery and ecu locations.Keeps the piping cooler that way.Snoopy got the fuel system put in yet .

Thanks DSMMyth!

Interceptor, yeah fuel system is good. But the piston rings on the other hand...... I'm pushing 25psi on each cylinder, so they're gone. I'm rebuilding with forged internals this winter, so I was prepared for the motor blowing. I just want to drive it though. I only drove it about 400 miles tops this year.

Just wait guys! I'm doing my best to drop serios coin into my engine this winter. Its going to be Nucking Futs next year.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back