1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G White/ red wire fuse box

Posted by Koda, Jul 12, 2020

Tags:
Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    I have a 1995 eclipse Gsx and as I was doing the battery relocation I unplugged the two White Main power wires from the fuse box (in the picture below) One of them has a small wire (white with red) connected to the one of the main power wires but I can’t remember which spot the main power wire with the little white with red wire was bolted into on the fuse box, the alternator fuse or the empty spot next to it. Or if it doesn’t matter at all, just wanna be safe so I don’t fry my ecu or catch my car on fire.

Attached Files:

Street Build 291  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. KYLE JORGENSEN

KYLE JORGENSEN Proven Member

Joined Sep 22, 2018
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    I recently relocated the battery to the rear and moved the fuse box to where the battery used to be. I thought the same thing till I traced to what it went to, alternator wire is what that branches off of to give power to the conditioning fans. white/red wire is for the conditioning fan

Street Build 276  19

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Koda

Koda Proven Member

Joined Jun 2, 2019
    Butler, Pennsylvania
    so @KYLE JORGENSEN if I don’t have air conditioning it does not matter ?

Street Build 291  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. KYLE JORGENSEN

KYLE JORGENSEN Proven Member

Joined Sep 22, 2018
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    that's your choice if you have air conditioning you need the conditioning fans if you don't then delete that fuse area

Street Build 276  19

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM