The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which way to go

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

army4life73

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2012
bourbon, Missouri
Ok so I have come to a complicated decision. I tool my block and head to te machine shop I use and my head is fine but my block needs decked and bored. So it is getting bored .20 over. Well since I don't have any oversize pistons my friend who owns the shop told me he had a set of JE forged pistons and eagle H beam rods and all new rod and main bearings and piston rings. I'm getting a hell of a deal at 200 bucks for it all never used still in the box. Some crack head brought them to him and said he would bring a block for him to build and never came back. But anyways. My car is a 93 gs that I have thought and thought about making turbo since I have a gsx block with the oil squirters and had the stock turbo pistons and rods. But now since I am going to have a forged bottom end it's a debate between nitrous or turbo. Turbo I have to get a ton of small things to even run a 14b or 16g. But nitrous is simple and where I work at we are a zex dealer and I can get a complete dry kit for cheap or even a wet kit. If I do nitrous I want to do at least a 100 shot or a 2 stage with first being 75 and 2nd bein 150. I know the bottom end will handle it and my top end should be fine I have Evo springs and retainers and 3G lifters. I just want some other opinions on what I should do. Nitrous will be a lot cheaper since I'm on a budget of about 600 and that I have to buy all new gaskets for my rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back