The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

General Which black box ECU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drift247365

Proven Member
Sep 19, 2015
Winter Haven, Florida
So I have seen a few posts about the 97 gst early year makes having a black box non flashable ecu. Does anyone know the numbers off of these ecu's to see for sure if that's what I'm dealing with? And also can I switch my ecu with a blackbox ecu or do I have to do a lot of reprogramming for it to be compatible? Thank you

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.338754/

Most things you need to know about ECUFlash and DSMs are in that thread. If I remember correctly the ECU numbers are within the first 10 pages but I'll leave that up to you to find.

I read at article but there is some controversy on which ones it is and isn't. That's why im asking 6 yrs later if we have figured it out or are there still some other numbers popping up that have come around.
Also am just thinking about doing a standalone with the pros and cons that I have seen on flashable and ecmlink. That way there are no codes to overwrite or bypass. And I have also researched the Infinity system from AEM and it seems like the best option.http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=29292&cat=286&page=1. If anyone has any light to she on these please feel free to add it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back