The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash flashable black box ECU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm92talonboost

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2009
sacramento, California
Hi, I recently bought a black box ECU to flash my ECY with ceddy mods and ecuflash. Well I got the ECU and some one told me it has to have the h8 on it for it to be flashed, well i have the h2.

Did I get the wrong one or can the h2 be flashed?

Open it up and check the chip on it to see whether it says MH7202F

Some Mitsu cars switched to the 7203 CPU in late 99 to 2000.

But every black case DSM I've seen has the normal 7202 CPU. Its mostly the Evo5/6 guys that have to be careful and check the CPU.

If you want to check the CPU, it should say MH7202F.
If it says MH7203FA you have the newer, not compatable CPU.

CPU is the largest black square on the board.

Taken from page 22 of http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tun...st-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq-22.html

ok so i puilled it apart and the chip number reads mh7202f so is that flashable or non flashable???

what is the speed limiter set for?? and with ceddy mods and ecu flash i should be able to change that correct?

what is the speed limiter set for?? and with ceddy mods and ecu flash i should be able to change that correct?

Speed limiter, as in it stops you from achieving very high speeds (which I doubt you'll hit on the road anyway) so it really won't matter. I'm not sure on actual value, but like I said, I doubt it'll be an issue. Not sure on if ceddymods can take it off (both mine are AWD)

that all depends on what the speed limiter is set at LOL.... i know its not smart but ive done 130 in my car, so what your saying is its pretty much a governer?? right?

yes of course, and do you run ceddy mods and ecu flash by chance? cause i saw that hit has some fuel cut stuff to, im sure you can change that and the limiter with ecu flash.

if you flash the ceddymod file to the ecu it'll have the speed limiter removed

looks like i was a little late and didnt see your reply but yes i have ceddymod bough and i have ecu flash. im just waitin to get evo scan so i can log my data.

yeah i was always told that it had to have the h8 processor in it tho.... and i have a h2 and their saying that its flashable.... so im gonna buy my self a tactrix cable unless some one would let me borrow thiers!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back