The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General black box ECU questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janks85

15+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2005
brick, New_Jersey
I recently purchased a 98 Eclipse GSX auto with many mods and supposedly a black box ECU. Now I do not know too much about them nor ECU tuning. I always had a friend or shop do that for me when I was big into modding.

I've searched and tried to read up on how or what they are and what it takes to tune them. Attached to ECU I found a "black box" with numbers MD346676. From searching I found this is or should be a flashable ECU, can anyone give me some pointers or any knowledge they have to help me out.

I am very knowledgeable about DSMs and cars all together but ECU tuning is a little grey. I would like to try and do this myself so any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

chris

thanks for quick response, did you mean ecuflash? i can find anything on evoflash and is it as simple as getting the openport, uploading ceddymod to ecu flash and flashing it? cause that seems easy

Yes, he means ECUflash not EVOflash. and yea it is pretty much that simple. when you download Ceddy mods there will be two files one is the actual ROM that gets uploaded to the ECU and the other is the definition file that gets placed in the appropriate ECUflash folder and you are all set.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back