1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Where to get ECU MD346676

Posted by 2gGSXEclipse, Apr 28, 2009

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. 2gGSXEclipse

2gGSXEclipse Proven Member

Joined Apr 7, 2008
    847, Illinois
    I've been looking for a new ECU/ECM for my car cause my old one crapped out. I've been to Advanced Auto and Murrays but both places couldn't get it. They could get a bunch of other ones, just not the one i needed. The number on mine is MD346676. Does anyone know where u could get this and not one for $400. Does autozone sell them???

Thanks guys

504  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. zdravko_k2002

zdravko_k2002 Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2007
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    Do you need the Eprom ECU or the non-Eprom ecu, because I have a 2g GST non-eprom ecu which basically means you cannot chip it with the dsmlink, so if you want the non-eprom ecu let me know its out of a 2g gst so Im pretty sure it will work for ## car as long as you are not planning on chipping and tunning with dsmlink.

3. snowborder714

snowborder714 Moderator

Joined Oct 15, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    Is there a reason you have to have that specific ECU part number? Or is that what's currently in your car? Other ECU's will work, as zdravko eluded to.

3K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.529 @ 110.820 · 2G DSM
  4. LongJonSilver

LongJonSilver Proven Member

Joined May 13, 2008
    East Brunswick, New Jersey
    yea you could pick up an ecu in the classifieds for pretty cheap and ive never seen one go for more than $200(eprom) the regular ones you could pick up from the junkyard for like 50

235  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. 1bad95tsi

1bad95tsi Proven Member

Joined Oct 27, 2005
    steubenville, Ohio
    A good place to look for hard to find stuff is car-part.com its a big site that links a bunch of salvageyards

6. 2gGSXEclipse

Joined Apr 7, 2008
    847, Illinois
    Well thats the one that is in my car right now. What i always thought was that you needed the same ECU that you pulled out of your car, am i wrong?? or can you use any 2g ECU as long as its for a turbo car??

thanks guys

504  0

manual · 2G DSM
  7. snowborder714

snowborder714 Moderator

Joined Oct 15, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    Yep, any 2g Turbo ECU will work.

3K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.529 @ 110.820 · 2G DSM
  8. dragonforce

dragonforce Probationary Member

Joined Oct 2, 2007
    brooklyn park, Minnesota
    I have the ecu out of 98 gsx. i believe it's MD346676. text me at 763-732-2256. tomorrow.

9. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 13, 2004
    North Bay Area, California
    Please keep your toasted 98 ECU! _Madman_, a member on here, is interested in testing on a failed unit to benefit the entire community.
    I'll gladly paypal you the shipping costs if you were willing to donate to the cause.

1K  0

manual · 2G DSM
  10. DSM1G90

DSM1G90 Proven Member

Joined Apr 6, 2008
    Nampa, Idaho
    Course, Motoguys have them also..

1K  0

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    · 1G DSM
  11. _Madman_

_Madman_ Proven Member

Joined Oct 14, 2004
    Riga, Europe
    Hi!

Firstly, concerning ECU. Yes, they are interchangeable with some PITA... The GSX ECUs don't have a speed limiter while GST ECUs have. Then, I think auto ECUs have some extras, so if you have auto car, manual ECU might not work, not 100% sure, auto ECU works in manual car though. And then there is the real problem with CAS I'm having as of now - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/334036-cas-problems.html Basically you have to do some wire swapping which no one knows anything about or you'll have some detonation which is not very healthy for the engine, but that's only if you swap 95/96 to 97/98/99 ECU or the other way around.
    Also some Japanese ECUs are really weird EEPROMs (like I have in my car), but they are incredibly rare. They use 2 wire O2 sensors with no emission equipment and they never throw CEL about missing BCS or emission stuff.

Secondly, I would like to get my hands on some fried 98/99 plastic ECU to do some testing and pin mapping, so if you could send me your old one that would be great. PM me about shipping and stuff if you're interested in selling your fried ECU for sane amount of cash :D

P.S.
    As of now you could try to find a Dsmlink ECU, because they are easily flashable and they will give you a chance to tune your car. Or you can try to get a new plastic one, but no way to flash it has been found yet. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/311214-evoscan-ecuflash-tuning.html

_Madman_

404  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    15.534 @ 91.826 · 2G DSM
  12. 2gGSXEclipse

Joined Apr 7, 2008
    847, Illinois
    Alright thanks guys, I rencently just bought an Evo and im really just looking to get an ECU that will be good enough to run the car and be able to sell. I dont wanna sell it with an ECU that will only work for a little bit then start the mess the car up for the guy but im just looking to get it running to sell. As far as donating it, yes i will as long as if i do buy a new one their isnt a core charge on it. Thanks again guys for all the help.

504  0

manual · 2G DSM