The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

whats wrong with my car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maicon

Probationary Member
Apr 14, 2009
lynn, Massachusetts
ok.start off im new to dsm tuners :thumb: and i was wondering if anyone can probly help with wats goin on with my car at the moment.this happened or started 2 days ago and its on and off.basicly wen im on the highway regular cruising speed around 70 to 80 the car starts to ratle at times basicly wen your doing 20mph in 5th gear that shaky feeling is wats happening so u gota ride it out then it goes back to normal.and its weird because yesterday i went to my friends house 1hour away and it happened severalllll times on the way there so i took it to the shop he works at this morning to check all the fluids.transfer case,rear end everything.and they all checked out.so on my way back home it didnt happen at all...my turbo also is acting up i can hear the blades touchin the housing not that serious right now so im lookin for a turbo if any of you got some.but i dont think its that obviously but it did start basicly the same time the turbo started acting up.i hope that can be enough to describe the problem.like i said basicly trying to do 20 while in like 5th gear that feeling is wats happening...thanx guys hope to hear from ya soon.i got a 92 talon tsi for the record incase u wana kno

Hey, when its "shaking" is your check engine light on or flashing? Is it off otherwise? If your check engine light comes on while this is happening, it could be your ecu capacitors.

If you car shakes ont he highway it might be an alignment thing.

An easy way to check the turbo is turn the car off and take off the intake where it connects to the turbo inlet. Then wiggle the compressor shaft up and own, side to side and in/out. If there's a lot of play it's bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back