The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What were you into before DSMs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was into my uncles dodge super bee, which he still has, i just migh get it one day after it restored, and its all original.

I did a frame up rebuild on my '79 Jeep CJ-7. Dropped in a chevy 350, swapped from auto to manual, spring over lift and slaped on 35" mudders, 4:10 gears and full detriot lockers front and rear. That thing went everywhere. Sold it to move to FL and picked up my '98 GST. Also, had a '87 MR-2 and '90 Firebird.

I was the same, raced mx from 5th grade all the way until I graduated high school. I rode almost everyday or every other day, was racing all up and down the west coast. Got to the top 5 in novice where I live and then broke my jaw riding and couldn't get back into it after.. I was sponsored by monster/pro circuit/kawasaki of SB and a grip load of other companies. Had a fully built bike build from the ground up by pro circuit, had everything from a fully built motor to suspension etc etc etc. Sadly I was into pre-runners, had a 93 f150 with 4.5" over beams, fiberglass, gears, coilovers front and back, deavers, HO 5.0 mustang engine etc. Now its all back to stock and my dad uses it occasionally.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is a way nice bike :thumb:

I was into Camaro's and motorcycles, dirt and street! I've had two Camaro's and a Honda 929 RR Erion Racing Edition. All I did for 4 years was race, I love racing! I'm acually still into Camaro's and motorcycles and want a brand new Camaro SS. I would be in heaven if I had a brand new SS and my talon and that is my plan. :D

VTEC, VTEC, VTEC! I was into cars since I was a little kid (very little). I used to say 'Lamborghini' (the full word, yes) before 'milk' LOL. Actually Lamborghini was my first word LOL. Anyways, I got into imports when I was in the 6th grade (it was Pokemon before that LOL) when I saw an EJ Civic on the 15 freeway. My dad had a '99 Kia Sephia that raped Civics and Integras LOL. My first car was a '92 Saturn SL2 (graduation gift) and had 3 Hondas after that. '88 Accord with a carb'd A20A1, '95 Prelude with a JDM H22A, and a '91 Civic Si hatch with a JDM ZC (D16A6). I ended up trading my Civic for my 1G in Sept '08.

But the story of how I got into DSMs. I was a Senior in hs and I met a guy with a '98 Prelude. (He was in my Civics/Econ class). We started hanging out and he introduced me to another friend who is a DSMer. He had a '97 GS-T with an Evo III 4G63 and that thing was a beast. It went through a lot though LOL. I took one ride in it and I was sold!

Pics coming!

I've always been into DSM's ever since I saw my buddy's neighbors '98 GSX and never thought I'd own one. Then one day my buddy decided to sell his '99 GSX and said if I wanted it then he'd let me make payments on it so I stole it in a heartbeat for $5k.

I was real big into Tiburons for a few years. They are great little cars too with a decent amount of get-up-and-go. I used to run it at the track quite often and it surprised a lot of people. It used to run 9.5's in the 1/8th which is quick for a 3400 pound car making less than 200 whp.

The time on the car was with a slipping stage one clutch and original fuel filter with 90k on it.

i had a srt-4 but i had to sell it... man i loved the srt4 i would still get one hahah but i couldnt afford it so i just sold it and let someone else take the payments... im still happy wit the gst though!!!

Honda and then my buddy got a free broken down car from the impound lot. nobody knew what kind of car it was for the longest time. he finally got it fixed and it was the fastest car i had ever ridden in. I was hooked I wanted it so bad I bought it and later found out what kind of car it was...an Eagle Talon. :D

Luckily my first tuner car was a dsm so there wasn't much else. I did get out if it for a while and got in to street bikes and then doing track days. Now back in to dsm's. Also had a 12 sec Lightning between my dsm addictions. Hey needed something to move the R1 around right:cool: HA, i just realized that I paid more for that R1 than that Lightning LOL

Attachments

• travis bike at 10-06 track day.jpg
    travis bike at 10-06 track day.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 125
First car Rice!! 97 gs..

Second car was a 1.8t owdi..

Then I got my my 95 talon, while I was still in ownership of the owdi, sold her tho.

You can see my huge chicken strips on the front tire. By my third track day i had the knee down in every turn at Summit and used the full width of the front and rear tires. Good times and hard falls.

I have a 92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT with 41,968 miles on it, shes my baby.

My 1954 f100 with a 302 bored .60 over and a cam.

Attachments

• f100.jpg
    f100.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 199
I was into 3000GTs/Stealths. They were just too expensive to maintain and modify for a college student.

I am 17 years old... First car bought: 95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD.
Dont think im ever going to leave this community.
Im very closed minded. I find myself hatin on other cars just because they arnt DSM
Bad habit, but I will defend my DSM and ALL DSM's till the day i die :)
DSM FTW!!!!!
one day i hope to get a lifted pick up and maybe a crotch rocket.

Well my first car was my 92 laser 1.8 - slow pos that broke all the time with its 92 horsepower of glory.

I wanted a turbo dsm bad but ended up getting a grand am, then went through an alero and then got a 01 V6 mustang and became a muscle car guy (yes I know, the v6 wasnt really muscle :p) I sold it and got out of the payments and bought my 91 firebird. I had known for awhile that I wanted a third gen fbody.

I still LOVE the third-gen firebirds. I love muscle cars in general still.

My favorite thing in the world is taking a 10 hour + road trip in my firebird in nice weather with the t-tops off :)

Not even my DSM can beat the feeling I get from roadtripping in the bird.

Other then that I got my talon which I love to death as well.
I love Third-Gens and DSM's... Although chances are my firebird will end up being sold to pay off my talon :(

I plan to find another third gen though probably just with a 305 or something - long as it's in decent shape and has t-tops. Don't need a go-fast thirdgen since I got my DSM. My firebird has a nice big healthy 350 Tuned Port and a mix of performance mods, and a lot of suspension. I WISH my dsm handed like my firebird.. That WS6 suspension and mid engine setup combined with the Global West Subframe connectors, sway bars, quick ratio box, KYB Struts/Shocks - makes for an amazing handling car.

So yeah I've got my talon and my firebird.. My laser JUST sold last weekend but heres a picture of the three and a couple others:

The bird :)

First

second

third

fourth

fifth(now)

I've always loved turbo charged vehicles. First car 1998 Eclipse GST, Second 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, Third and current vehicle 1997 Eclipse GSX. I've owned three cars, all dsms. Next i wanna get a 5.0 or ws6, but that for the future.

I've always loved turbo charged vehicles. First car 1998 Eclipse GST, Second 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, Third and current vehicle 1997 Eclipse GSX. I've owned three cars, all dsms. Next i wanna get a 5.0 or ws6, but that for the future.

check out the video of the white mustang 2 posts above yours, thats one of the sickest sounding 5.0's ive heard. i sold it to pay off some school shit, i sure miss that car

BMWs

I decided i wanted more power for less money. My DSM couldn't dream of keeping up in the corners though :(

Attachments

• P1010046.jpg
    P1010046.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 152
Well my first car was my 92 laser 1.8 - slow pos that broke all the time with its 92 horsepower of glory.

I wanted a turbo dsm bad but ended up getting a grand am, then went through an alero and then got a 01 V6 mustang and became a muscle car guy (yes I know, the v6 wasnt really muscle :p) I sold it and got out of the payments and bought my 91 firebird. I had known for awhile that I wanted a third gen fbody.

I still LOVE the third-gen firebirds. I love muscle cars in general still.

My favorite thing in the world is taking a 10 hour + road trip in my firebird in nice weather with the t-tops off :)

Not even my DSM can beat the feeling I get from roadtripping in the bird.

Other then that I got my talon which I love to death as well.
I love Third-Gens and DSM's... Although chances are my firebird will end up being sold to pay off my talon :(

I plan to find another third gen though probably just with a 305 or something - long as it's in decent shape and has t-tops. Don't need a go-fast thirdgen since I got my DSM. My firebird has a nice big healthy 350 Tuned Port and a mix of performance mods, and a lot of suspension. I WISH my dsm handed like my firebird.. That WS6 suspension and mid engine setup combined with the Global West Subframe connectors, sway bars, quick ratio box, KYB Struts/Shocks - makes for an amazing handling car.

So yeah I've got my talon and my firebird.. My laser JUST sold last weekend but heres a picture of the three and a couple others:

The bird :)

Looks like you have a thing for cars with asymmetric hood bumps :p

I was/ am into aircooled VW's and LS1 F-bodies. I used to HATE, I mean HATE Eclipses. My buddy had a 94 ES Talon for a few years that I liked. I eventually bought it from him for 250 bucks after it sat for a couple years. Best car I ever bought. It was my DD for 45K miles and I got into the DSM scene. I t-boned someone who pulled out in front of me with it. The next 3 cars I bought were Talons (92, 92, 97) that I still have. All of them in pieces. And my latest addition is my Eclipse. The second best car I've ever bought.

I agree with Clinical, nothing beats a t-top cruise.

badazz92gt, you've had some nice cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back