The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What size rims look best on a 2g?! HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xthewhitekingx

Probationary Member
Feb 1, 2009
Huntington Beach, California
i am unsure of the size my new rims should be. 17? 18? which size do most people get for a 2g? or which size looks better for my 96 gs? please help, cause i cant decide what size to get. any opinions would be appreciated please.

well i tried before 19inch 18 inch 17 inch and 16 inch and all of them were fine , however the best size was for me the 16 INCH ( 16 inch are great and are very smooth and not heavy on our cars) i have 16 inch Enkei on my car now 96 GST

the rims that i installed were all ENKEI ( original) and the 16 inch was the best among them

do not buy cheap rims ( buy them once and be done ) buy good rims not knock off rims as with big fake rims comes so many problems

16 inch if you want to drive your car without any issues and go 18 inch if you want to show off but have some problems later on

its up to you.

good luck

I've seen it all from 15's to 22's (they looked ugly) and my personal favorite is to only lower the car about a half to 3/4 inch and then throw some 18's on it. their contour matches the 2g wheel well contour perfectly. It gives it that factory BMW look the way they setup their wheel tire combo

that's what i will one day get is some nice bllingin 18's :D

i have 17's and 18's both are great just depends what you are looking for. looks or performace :rocks:

I had 18's on my 2g a while back and it looked good. I would say 19's would look good too. Nothing bigger than that though.

Both 17's and 18's look good, but if you're more on the performance side go with 17's. They don't look small either. When i bought my present car, i thought it had 18's and when i went to glimps at the tire size i saw they were 17's, LOL.

As far as looks go...

I think a nice set of 19's would looks sick!

I plan on going with the Work VS-XX wheels 19' :D

I forget his screen name but its something like "justoscar"... he was in one of the dsmtuners calenders.. anyways, check out his 2g, has a nice set of 19's chromes that look Nasty! (ina good way)

17's or 18's. Buy a quality light wheel. If that means you go with 17's to keep the cost down a little to get a better quality, it will be worth it in the long run. Unsprung weight is your enemy!!!

I went with 18's, only because I found a wheel I liked that weighed about 18lbs. Otherwise, 17's would have been my choice.

I've had both 17s and 18s. It depends what you are going for. If it's just looks 18s might be best for you. If you want wide tires I suggest 17s. It'll be easier to run a shorter tire giving you more clearance to run something wide.

Here's a couple pics of my 18s and 17s.

old 18s
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

new 17s

+1 on that , 17's help fill in the gap and allow for good size tires

I have 18" in summer and 16" with spiked tires in winter...
Live in Norway and we have a harsh winter...

18/235/40, Wrapped in Toyo's - Works great, like glue in turns...

go 18 inch if you want to show off but have some problems later on

Um, ....what kind of problems do you expect to have when running an 18" wheel??
That was pretty dumb.
The only problem you may have is sacrificing a little time off your ET. But other than that, your fine.

I run 18's on mine with a 2"+ drop. And they look small to me. Wish I had some 19's that would be perfect.

hey thanks a lot for all of you who replied. i appreciate the help. and the pics that were sent helped me to get a good idea so that was great. but should i be concerned with the offset for 18's? cause i was thinking 245/35/18? would i have to worry about anything? are those the best measurements to have?

hi!

i am using 245/40/18 and its great, 40 instead of 35 with OEM height and they don't hit the car steering its still soft and i haven't damage any wheel because they are very strong

my engine its all most stock and the car runs strong enough to waste any civic hahahaha

my buddy had 19s on his 2g and it looked great but the tires were so hard he had no grip and they were like 7.5 inches wide im gonna go with a light 17 and 8 to 8.5 wide i hope

I've had 16's, 17's and 18's on my gst and I like the look of the 17's best.

Here's the 18's

Here's the 17's

GSX 17s

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back