The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

what is an aew wide band and what does it do ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wouldn't say it's a "tuning device" but it aids in tuning. You can't use a wideband to physically tune your car, but it is needed if you do plan on tuning using DSMlink, SAFC, stand alone EMS, etc.

Note: This is different from an air/fuel ratio gauge that just shows lights. The wideband will actually output a number which is your air:fuel ratio as Mike said. This is what makes it usable for tuning over the lightshow air/fuel ratio gauge.

You can weld a bung anywhere. However, too close to the O2 housing will decrease the life of the sensor due to excessive heat. Most recommend at least 12" away. Many people choose to eliminate the second O2 sensor and use the stock bung on the catback.

snowborder714 said:
Note: This is different from an air/fuel ratio gauge that just shows lights. The wideband will actually output a number which is your air:fuel ratio as Mike said. This is what makes it usable for tuning over the lightshow air/fuel ratio gauge.

Then why do they even make them if they are pointless and just for "show"? If it is just for suckers them I am one of them :ohdamn: cause I bought one not knowing :tease: at myself ROFL

I am saving up for a wideband now that I know :hellyeah:

I wouldn't say they're for suckers, but more for people who need/want a lot of gauges in their car. They are somewhat helpful (say, if you go really lean while cruising, you know you have a problem), but can't be used for tuning. Plus, people see the price difference between and air/fuel gauge and an air/fuel gauge (wideband variety) and think they're somewhat similar and don't want to spend a few hundred dollars for the wideband.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back