The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What Guages to buy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
im about to order 3 guages to fill my pillar pod i just bought off of DSMN so i need to kno what would be the best three to buy, i figured boost,oil pressure,and idk :ohdamn:

Of course wideband was on the top of my list, but I might want to wait to get that and get a AEM Uego and won't be putting it in my pillar guages I'm going to be ordering tonight are just other besides wideband unless prosport wideband is good enough??

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If it were me, I'd get a wideband. Or water temp gauge if your not willing to drop the cash on a wideband right now.

My bad, already got beat to it..THREE times...I'm a little slow I guess haha

Boost, oil, and wideband, those three.

wise man right here.

AEM or innovate lc-1 WIDEBAND (don't get narrowband crap)

then any GOOD boost gauge (AEM, autometer ect)

a oil pressure gauge.

those are THE most important 3..

just for the record people.....if you can monitor knock with dsmlink then you Don't really need a EGT gauge. wideband is better:thumb:

boost/oil pressure/water temp. OR boost/oil pressure/wideband a/f. OR boost/oil pressure/oil temp. I would go with the second choice and pick up a wideband so you can keep an eye on your a/f ratio. Plus if you plan on upgrading in the future it will be needed for tuning anyways, might as well plan ahead and pick one up in a package now. Glowshift has some very affordable gauges that have a nice look to them.

Custom Gauge Packages

AHHAHAHA...Ya beat me to the glowshift website addy.

Ok sorry to be blunt, but I need to order 3 prosport.com guages tonight so simple list not including wideband tha will be next purchase but from aem and will be mounted either in a single pod on the colum or replaces the ac vents but just for my pillar then change this to resolved LOL??? Sorry didn't mean any disrespect,

there are a few out there i have innovative, stealth, and great reviews, and running it with dsmlink. Aem, prosport, innovative, aem or innovative if i were new to them.

Only 3 gauges? Just be a gauge whore. Don't forget the obligatory big A$$ Autometer monster tach. You can throw in a clock in the 3rd pod.:D I'm really paranoid of running pillar gauges cause of the attention from cops. All mine are low.

Quick question.. sorry if off topic but would i need a logger option on the wideband if I have dsmlink already? I am buying these gauges tonight aswell.

Ok sorry to be blunt, but I need to order 3 prosport.com guages tonight so simple list not including wideband tha will be next purchase but from aem and will be mounted either in a single pod on the colum or replaces the ac vents but just for my pillar then change this to resolved LOL??? Sorry didn't mean any disrespect,

can't you just buy 2 gauges from prosport and then add the uego later to the pillar?

Quick question.. sorry if off topic but would i need a logger option on the wideband if I have dsmlink already? I am buying these gauges tonight aswell.

the AEM gauge comes with an output for a logger

Here are my baller status gauges All AEM. Wideband, 50 PSI Boost Gauge, 150 PSI Oil pressure gauge. Wrapped up with a tasteful 1999 uber rare cluster. I have well over $700 wrapped up in all my gauges including that cluster.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Have fun with ## baller status! I would only dream of that LOL I don't have enough dough for all digital or any high rate brand sorry guys,

If you're automatic, maybe an auto trans temp gauge? Like others have said though, boost, wideband, oil pressure are the 3 most important. Maybe a voltmeter?

1997_GSX, I have a uber rare 99 cluster in my car too!

I'm working a deal right now with a fellow dsmtuner member, but idk if buying guages used is a good idea or not good deal 4 prosport gauges for 130 and next day air as he lives in flordia as well. But what's so rare about the 99 clusters??

If you're automatic, maybe an auto trans temp gauge? Like others have said though, boost, wideband, oil pressure are the 3 most important. Maybe a voltmeter?

1997_GSX, I have a uber rare 99 cluster in my car too!
Haha You have a 1999 though.
I'm working a deal right now with a fellow dsmtuner member, but idk if buying guages used is a good idea or not good deal 4 prosport gauges for 130 and next day air as he lives in flordia as well. But what's so rare about the 99 clusters??

Well they are sliver and they light up awesome.
If you look hard enough you will notice.
Tell me about it. In 1999 there were 53000 Eclipses made. So take half of that to drop the 420 because that cluster is totally different. So possible 26000 of them are Turbo Models. So take half of that again to rule out the automatic cars, they have the gear selection indicator that would be useless to have. So that leaves us with 13000 Clusters for a Turbo MT DSM.

Of that 13000 some cars have been wrecked and are sitting in junkyards that do not sell on the internet. We will take 500 away from that.

So now we have 12500 clusters and most people in the dsm community know how rare they are so they either won't sell them and if by a chance they pop up in the classifieds they are gone that instant with no trace.

I waited 2 whole years to finally get mine. I was absolutely thrilled when it came in the mail and I held it in my hands the First time.

AEM Wideband, Boost and Oil Pressure.

From my personal exp. I will never ever buy cheap gauges again (Megan, Ignited, Pro Sport, Glow shift, etc). Spend the money on good brand name gauges (AEM, Dakota Digital, Stewart Warner, etc).

Big deal. You can get an gauge cluster overlay and it will look identical.
Btw don't you dare get glowshift or faze or any of those cheap gauges.
You want something that is good and works. Autometer, defi, prosport, stri. Those are all good.
I have an aem uego wideband. Stri dsd slm II boost, oil pressure, water temp. However like stated boost and wideband are the most important two gauges. Then oil pressure then water temp. Nothing else is really needed.

Ive used glowshift and prosport gauges, my glowshift guages performed extremely will, the only reason i have prosport now is like the the way it looks. There about the same price for the two. my 2 cents, but not to get into a discussion about it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back