The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Does $480 Look Like in a Box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secongendsm

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2002
Salt Lake City, Utah
Kinda depressing, but I wanted all my fuel line/fittings black and silver. I figured I’d saved enough money on other parts, I could splurge. Granted, it doesn’t look like much because similar fitting have been put in bags together. The blue NOS fitting was the only one in stock at the time. It will be sandblasted to remove the blue and red and used to run my twin Walbro fuel pumps.

summitfuelgoodies.jpg

Hey man,

One thing you can do with anodized/colored fittings is spray on some oven cleaner and wipe it off, it's much safer than sandblasting and probably cheaper, plus no pitting.

Easy off, in the yellow can is what you need. It has to be the original and it has to contain lye.
2.JPG

Coat the fitting well, some come off easier than others. I have mostly Aeroquip & earls fittings which this worked beautifully on, however this one was a Summit one.
3.JPG

Wait 3-5 minutes then clean off with water, brake cleaner, carb cleaner, etc then use a scotch brite pad to finish it up. You can polish and clear at this point or leave it brushed.
4.JPG

I decided to go even more stealth and heatshrink the braided line and part of the fitting as well.
5.JPG

Hope that helps or helps anyone else out.

No idea, it works fine for anything that's anodized.

who woulda thought easy off could do that clean of a job

It's always depressing when you open a box full of fittings only to know how much money you spent on them and how little you get.

Attachments

• Master Cutoff.jpg
    Master Cutoff.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 121
  • gauges on clear background.jpg
    gauges on clear background.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Fusible link box.jpg
    Fusible link box.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Engine bay connectors.jpg
    Engine bay connectors.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 79
  • No Hood.jpg
    No Hood.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 103
  • Relays under dash.jpg
    Relays under dash.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Under Dash connections.jpg
    Under Dash connections.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 66
when I switch out to 1000+ injectors and run full SS AN fittings to and from the tank I'm so doing the easy off. I have a few Mutt an fittings in my engine bay and laying around the garage. I'm a fan of the basic brushed look myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back