The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What do we think of this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
I'm not quite sure where to post this as I didn't see a "fuel system tech" page but anyways, What do we think of this?:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I wonder if this would do squat for us.....:hmm:

With the original test results being 161-167, I imagine 161 wasnt fully warmed and then after a few runs probably warmed up the internals and maybe even the additive cleaned up some gunk in the lines. I bet if they swapped back to high octane gas after and ran another dyno, It would probably be in the 170 range. I would count it off as bs.

I don't doubt for a moment that the "lack" of power (relative term since it's a civic si) was due to knock retard, and this additive did nothing but raise the effective octane. A can of any octane boost likely will to the same. The key here is the propensity of that particular engine to knock. Throw 110 in there, do some runs, then add this stuff and see what happens.

And one car for the test under non strict controls.

Useless test. Means nothing, and purely is meant to harvest internet dollars from advertising rather than disseminate useful information.

Pretty much the reaction I expected out of you guys LOL I'm curious if there is a useful additive out there. Royal purple just released something. I feel like the problem would be consistency. Either way I wouldn't use it

The car was probably running 87 octane fuel. That's the only way you'll see an increase in power with an octane booster on a modern production car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back