The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

what compressor wheel and turbine is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Can anyone tell? Supositly its a t67 with a p trim turbine wheel, but i noticed it has a 10 blade turbine wheel, i currently have a 60-1 with a p trim turbine wheel so i know a p trim has 11 blades not 10?

Attachments

• 2007-06-26_080.jpg
    2007-06-26_080.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 2007-06-26_078.jpg
    2007-06-26_078.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 234
Hello,

I have actually held that turbo in my hand. LOL Literally, that exact one that is for sell. It was even at my place for a little bit.

Anyway, it is a SCM6776 with the S cover. It is the same diameter as a p-trim turbine. The turbo is brand new minus a 150 miles or so on the turbine housing itself. The wheels, center section, and compressor cover are all brand new and never used. It just came back from PTE. My friend Steven is the one actually selling it.

Josh

I do not think this post is very appropriate. I am not sure if I spoke with you or not, but I have no reason to lie. Cross posting pictures is not respected by me. You could however have linked the for sale ad here and asked that way.

There is a paper in the box that states it is a 6776. I can assure you this would make a 60-1 look like a toy. And perform as such. I should know, having owned one in the past.

This is taken directly from the NABR forums.

Tuff-Turbo

As you can see below the exhuast outlet is a hair over 2.5". The turbine wheel fills up almost every inch of the outlet. Tell me how this does not add up to the 2.544" stated in the link for both small and big shaft P trims?

All you had to do was ask and I would have given more proof.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is also not the first time we have asked PTE to stuff a P trim turbine into a small bolt on hotside. So this is nothing new. Shoot, I had them do that over three years ago on my friend's daughter's car.

Steven

I do not think this post is very appropriate. I am not sure if I spoke with you or not, but I have no reason to lie. Cross posting pictures is not respected by me. You could however have linked the for sale ad here and asked that way.

There is a paper in the box that states it is a 6776. I can assure you this would make a 60-1 look like a toy. And perform as such. I should know, having owned one in the past.

This is taken directly from the NABR forums.

Tuff-Turbo

As you can see below the exhuast outlet is a hair over 2.5". The turbine wheel fills up almost every inch of the outlet. Tell me how this does not add up to the 2.544" stated in the link for both small and big shaft P trims?

All you had to do was ask and I would have given more proof.

:cry::cry::cry:

Half of the things i've bought second hand in the DSM world have been either totally inoperable or grossly misrepresented; including here. Don't blame him, blame the other bad sellers out there.

Yes, the turbo is what it's claimed to be, at least from the looks of the pics and rough measurements, plus biglady has a good reputaion here on the board from what i've see, so i doubt he'd be out to pull a fast one on anybody

Biglady, i wouldn't be so offended, you should know as well as others that when you don't know a person you're buying from it's common to ask questions about what part or who you'r buying from.

This is also not the first time we have asked PTE to stuff a P trim turbine into a small bolt on hotside. So this is nothing new. Shoot, I had them do that over three years ago on my friend's daughter's car.

Steven

Hey man no harm intended to you, i wasnt sayinf your lieing eather. I mean you could have not known what turbine wheel who knows. It just threw me off because my turbo currently has a p trim turbine wheel and has 11 blades stuffed into a small bolt on housing.

You can search the internet and pretty much everywhere you look they say 11 blade p trim. Unless the wheel is bigger or a stage 5 t3 wheel which is hardly smaller but has 10 blades.

A P trim turbine wheel measures Inducer 2.920" or 74.168mm and the Exducer 2.542" or 64.57mm , this is a 76 trim wheel , older technology not a GT Techology wheel

Stage 5 wheel or a T350 wheel is Inducer 2.795" or 70.99mm and the Exducer2.437" or 61.9mm, this is also a 76 trim wheel

Is there anyway you could get the inducer and exducer measurements for me?

I mean i wasnt trying to disrepect you, but when buying something its good to know what your getting considering im not just another kid with a turbo car that just wants a BIG turbo so that im cool. Spending that 800+ dollars im sure you would make sure also

I do not have a micrometer here as AWDER has my tools at his house.

But from eye balling it with a tape measure the Exducer is 2 17/32 and the Inducer is 2 13/16. Now these are as close as I can eyeball it, but PTE told me numerous times this is their P trim wheel.

So Inducer is- 2.813
Exducer is- 2.531"

Steven

This thing sold last night.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back