The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What Cams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
Hello everyone. I was told these are HKS 272's on both sides but "HKS" is not stamped anywhere on them. From what I have read I believe they may be BC cams? Any input is much appreciated to find out what these really are.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Additionally, does the paint have any significance? There was green on one cam (pictured) and the other had orange but unfortunately I did not snap a picture.

They are most likely BC cams. There is actually a part number on the end where the dowel pin is, although you cannot see it with the timing belt and cam gears installed. They are definitely not HKS cams.
If it says bc101 on the end where the dowel pin is then they are BC 272's.

They are most likely BC cams. There is actually a part number on the end where the dowel pin is, although you cannot see it with the timing belt and cam gears installed. They are definitely not HKS cams.
If it says bc101 on the end where the dowel pin is then they are BC 272's.
Ok thank you that's good to know. It sounds fairly lopey at idle but its not a consistent lope its more like a brap brap brap brap dadadadadadada brap brap brap brap dadadadadadadada smooths out for a few seconds then repeats if that helps LOL and I heard that @keltalon is the "cam man" so maybe he has something to say?

Last edited:
Im sure kel does he's the bc cam guru he has done extensive work with the cams and the cam gears.
Yeah they could be bc like was stated above if they were bc an engraved part number would be very visible near the cam gear bc will stamp their dna on the cam to not only keep down confusion as to who made the cam but also the stage of the cam! I can't find a picture at the moment but it will be some engraving on the emboss closest to the cam gear if it was a bc cam.

Thanks all for the responses! Glad we got it narrowed down to at least BC cams. I'm guessing there's no real way to find out for sure if they are 272's or 264's or one of each without taking the VC off?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back