The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

weird cut out when making a pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtincher22085

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
This is weird ok i was making a pull and the car just cut out. the CEL light turned on and the pump kept on running. Has anyone ever herad of this? I am stumped. I have a 1g Maf, lower chamber honeycomb removed and the silicone screw flush to the bottom of the camber. My signature tells the rest. Its like the fuel injectors are being cut off no fuel could it be fuel cut? I have an AFC installed to accomidate the fuel. I have the BCS still hooked up for stock boost levels and it still is cutting out. I am perplexed.:ohdamn: One thing fixed another broken life of a DSM'er

Ok no codes. I went out it dided on me backing up no throttle. WTF I heard the fuel pump still running i was still like WTF. I smacked the side of the compartment and it stopped. I turned the key off completeley and tried to start it again it did. I got thinking the wires somewhere were loose so I got in there and made sure everything was connected tight and no broken or freyed wires. I had a bracket loos rattling in there i took it out and all is well haven't had it cut out on me again. I never knew it was loose till I went searching.:rocks: the ecu may have a loose connection or something but for now I know what it is. maybe an arching wire. the bracket keep hitting something tripping the ecu to cut the injectors. Its still unknown but needless to say the "smack" helped me to figure out the culprit ain't it funny how it works like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back