The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

weird boost probs.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
ok, ive had this prob for a while. my car sometimes boosts only 9-10 lbs sometimes in full throttle, then slowly goes up to about 13 once i get to about 5000rpms.......so what i do is i turned the car off, disconnect the battery for like 10 sec, then i plug it back up and it boosts straight up to 14lbs.. but only for a while, then goes back to 9-10lbs. it only does this everyonce in awhile. a friend of mine told me its more than likely my ecu going out, or leaky capacitors. i want other opinions first, and help would be appreciated.............

yup, replaced the plugs with ngk brp6es and the wires are accels'. i cant think of anything it can be.........can it be my wastegate???

ahh i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BRO.

what you need to do is get some vaccum hoses, and a 10$ MBC off ebay, or whichever Manual boost controller you want, and a T line (for vaccum)

Then between the BOV and the Intake manifold splice it, put the T in. then off the T on that line put your boost controller and the other line off the other side of your MBC going down to your wastegate nipple.

And make sure the screw on your MBC is backed out all the way so you don't over boost, then make slight 1/4 or 1/2 turns with it until you get your desired Boost Level.

anyone have anyother opinions?? im still having this prob...

all i use is 93 octane, and whats the bcs again? i cant remember tooo well. im going to try putting the mbc again and see what happens. i am also going to try another ecu and see if that was the prob. and i retimed the car, and still the same prob. also, whats weird about it is when i nail it, i can go up to at least 8grand and the boost slowly goes up from 9 to 12, but when my boost is running like its supposed to, i can go to the normal 7grand and the boost will jump right away to 14lbs once i nail it.

the bsc is that little thing on top of the aircan with a bunch of vacuum hoses going to it. just unhook it if you have a mbc, it shouldnt cause problems w/out it. i have mine unhooked w/ no problems

well, i have seemed to fix the problem. what i did was put my stock bov on cause the other was venting, and a mbc on the car. car runs fine, does what its supposed to, and runs fine. thnx for all the help. i greatly appreciate it.

ok, its back again. it was running fine, 13psi for a day, then it went back to 9 psi. i dont know what it can be anymore. i was thinking the wastegate actuator, but im not too sure. if any, any, any of you can help me out, i would really appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back