The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

wastegate hose off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
ok, i know its a dumb idea because of the chance of overboosting but besides that what are the true negative effects of driving around with your wastegate hose off. just say im'a keep my eye on the boost gage and make shure i dont go over 20psi. dose it actually hurt the turbo or the wastegate itself? or anything for that matter?...

as lon as you can supply enough fuel at the high boost there is no harm. but the stock systme cant suppor it. the 2g bov leaks boost around 15 psi. not the 1g like yours. i woud get a boost controller.

I dont know if your profile up to date, but if you have an E3 16G and no fuel upgrades or control, then your car will not like 20psi. When you take the boost source off the wastegate, it will never open. That means as much boost as possible will build until you either let off or shift. On a stock fuel system you probably could barely get away with 15psi, 20 psi will kill your engine. It also isn't great for the turbo, but you would never notice the wear on the turbo, you'd be too busy rebuilding engines.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back