The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wastegate actuator rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
My first post on DSM tuners so please dont mind if i ask a few questions but im confused on how the rod is suppose to connect to the flapper and how should I fix this?

Attachments

• 20121024150503.jpg
    20121024150503.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 72
First, welcome to DSMTuners.

Second, the actuator arm, The one with the hole at the end, goes over the flapper rod, connector, etc? (Put the piece sticking out through the hole :D). Then behind the actuator arm on the flapper, you would put a pin there to keep the actuator arm from falling off.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 132
That wg rod will slide right over the part sticking out :thumb:, But also dont forget to put in a cotter pin or something to keep the wg arm from falling off. If you have a problem putting it back on try loosening up the two bolts that bolt the wg arm to the compressor cover.

If you unhook the waste gate arm from the manifold, Will the turbo be pretty much disabled right? so if you just want to drive the car like a normal 5 speed with no turbo spooling up to save gas, you could just take it off?

I guess you could. I have no experience with this as I just drive my car easy to keep out of the boost. I personally wouldn't do this long term as again I have no idea how this would effect the car or if it would improve gas economy. Someone else would have to chome in as to why or why not this would be okay or not on the car.

The best bet to improve gas economy is to change your driving habits, Perform maintenance and tune that would provide better fuel usage, or use a different vehicle made to save gas... Like a Geo Metro :D

Of course this is my opinion on the idea.

You're attempting to install an eBay actuator with the adjustable end on a MHI turbo. This won't be direct-fit as the actuator intended to be used on that turbo should have a slight bend in the arm...it won't be straight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back