The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

wanting to build a 350hp GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richdevildog559

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2010
Taft, California
hi there, im new to this forum nd i figured posting here would be the best option for me. I bought a 97 gst about a yr ago nd everything that i know of besides a few things are pretty much stock. i was hoping to get some guide liines as to making my car run atleast 350hp or enough power to smoke my friends LSvtec. my car that ive seen has an Injen Short Ram intake, NGK Spark Plug Wiring, a Short Throw, nd small weight reduction (spare tire, backseats, LW Battery)

i have done some research, nd thought about upgrading my turbo to a 16g nd replacing my clutch nd flywheel to a stage 2 set-up to handle the power gains, camshafts, hks BOW nd wastegate.

So with no real budget in mind, how can i achieve atleast 350hp? what upgrades will i need to do? Advice, Tips, Anything to not make me sound like a Noob is much appreciated :p

ps: please dont tear my head off if there is already a thread like this.

350 is not a hard goal to achieve I dont know what your friends ls vtech has but you should eat him up regardless :hellyeah: Welcome to tuners though. as far a build keep it cheap and simple no need for an hks bov use that money else where

go with a hx35, 750 or 850 injectors, walbro 255 with air fuel pressure regulator, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, vrsf fmic (or any other fmic) dsmlink light to tune everything, that will get you to that level for sure

i was hoping to get some guide liines as to making my car run atleast 350hp or enough power to smoke my friends LSvtec
WTFWTF

In what car is this LSVTEC installed, and is it stock (no turbos, headers etc) If so you should be taking him easy...You don't need 350hp to beat that :nono: Now if you want 350hp to run with anything you may find on the street (SRT-4, Evos, S2000) then ok. With 350hp TO THE WHEELS, you should be able to beat almost any STOCK car on the street now.

hi there, im new to this forum nd i figured posting here would be the best option for me. I bought a 97 gst about a yr ago nd everything that i know of besides a few things are pretty much stock. i was hoping to get some guide liines as to making my car run atleast 350hp or enough power to smoke my friends LSvtec.

:confused: He either has a decently built LSvtec engine...... :aha: or you must have some serious mechanical problems to get beat by an LSvtec with minor modifications LOL :barf: :tease:

I have a hx35 holset turbo with t3/t4 flange ill throw in gaskets oil line and bov piping, i have a internal and external waste gate for the turbo, Buddy thought his civic would push is but it didnt so i had to take it off his hands, Not to much use out of it no shaft play at all in the shaft.

You can email me at, [email protected]

6bolt w/SAFCII i have 265whp 271tq with 20g@14psi 660cc 255wally intake exhaust 3" turbo back and i just took a porsche boxter S no problem.

Had a 95 eagle talon tsi fwd daily on 28 psi for 30k and finally she is leaking coolant again. I wasn't nice on her at all. Stock motor just newer head and headgasket with arps. It was on 20g dont know how much horses I was putting down.

talon64 thats pretty much ### i have also LOL new head cometic HG arp rods. minus the 28 psi tho. i will shoot for more psi soon

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back