The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

wanting to build a stroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
I am thinking about building an engine for my car and i was looking at the stroker threads and i found this.

The g4cs block is the ONLY part of the motor that is different from the 4g63. A timing belt from a dohc 2.4 1990 glant gs and both of the cam gears are the only other thing that is not swapped over from the 4g63.

Does this combo of stuff make a stroker engine. ### that thread went thirty different ways and confused the crap out of me.

Ok how to build a stroker... Take your block and have it machined and bored.. The machine shop will tell you if you need .020 over or bigger.. Then you buy the pistons which are wiescos or ross.. They make a stroker pistons. Get rods of your choice.. Then find a 4g64 stock crank. If you can't find one i suggest calling up a supplier and see if they have a 4g64 stock crank kit.. I know DSMgraveyard can get them..

recap: Pistons, Rods, Crank, machining.. everything else is the same

wow. thanks. that helps alot. what car and year does ther 4g64 come out of? is that the Galant or something becuase i have no idea

96-99 eclipse spyders came with a 2.4 option and yes the 2.4 galant has the 4g64...

thank you for the information. that helps alot. now i am not confused.

If you want a 6 bolt its from a Hyundai Sonanta of the 88-91ish vintage and its a G4CS not a 4G64. They are hard to come by these days.

Oliver

Another question.

Can I use the stock rods since the 1G rods are suppose to be strong as hell, and just get the pistons that I would need?

if my block is a 6-bolt will a 7-bolt 2.4 crank (out of a 94 Galant) and my stock 6-bolt rods work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back