The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G VSS Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneslowwdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2009
Spring, Texas
OK so I bought a 96 tsi AWD, the speedo was not working when I bought it. I bought a new tsi AWD m/t speedo sensor (CEL read for vss) and as I began to take the battery off and stuff i noticed the wires that were coming off the vss was all burnt and chewed up. I took the harness apart and found to where it stopped being chewed up and re-wired everything. I bought a new plug for the speedo sensor as well. Good, taped everything back up, replaced sensor, and now still nothing! CEL popped back up again. (mind you this process was not as easy as I am making it seem, it is 20 degrees out here)

My question is, is there anything else that would cause the speedo to stop working and the speedo sensor? A fuse maybe?

Thanks!

Also can someone tell me the order of the colors on the speed sensor plug? Which one is closest to the radiator and then which one is closest to the firewall? Maybe I wired it wrong.

There's no specific fuse just for the speed sensor. Was there wires coming out of the plug? You should be able to match them to the colored wires coming the harness. I cant verify exact wires but you need power, ground, and a signal from the sensor. The melted wires may have caused an issue in the ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back