The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A VSS Pinout Please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99EclipseOZRally

Probationary Member
Apr 24, 2012
Buffalo, New_York
Hello,

Just bought and 99' 420a and the speedo does not function, went looking for the problem and the previous owner had cut the speed sensor wires off and put in its place a 555 timer to simulate a sin wave.

I bought a new sensor with the pig tail, but I don't know the pin out of the sensor. If any one has a 420a and is willing to take a snapshot or just tell me the order on the senor I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Don't have a 420a but I do have the 99 Mitsu factory manual (I assume you have a M/T). It shows pin 1 is a yellow which goes to the PCM pin 44. Pin 2 is black-green which goes to PCM pin 43 (internal ground). Pin 3 is yellow-white which goes to PCM pin 66, and to speedo (connector C05 pin 36), and to data link connector pin 14.

Last edited:
Yes and it shows a male connector but sometimes the manual isn't clear as to whether your looking at the connector end without wires or the connector end with wires - both on the same connector half. I've seen it both ways and still get confused so be forewarned - sorry can't help more.

Ya I just want to be sure. I don't want to cross the 12v with the signal and destroy anything. Is it possible for you to take a picture?

Attached picture.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:

Don't have a 420a but I do have the 99 Mitsu factory manual (I assume you have a M/T). It shows pin 1 is a yellow which goes to the PCM pin 44. Pin 2 is black-green which goes to PCM pin 43 (internal ground). Pin 3 is yellow-white which goes to PCM pin 66, and to speedo (connector C05 pin 36), and to data link connector pin 14.
so pin number 3 from the vss has to connect to 3 different spots

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back