The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G VSS Source?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst_redline

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2011
Riverside, California
My speedometer doesn't work which i'm sure is the vss so i took it to a mechanic. He told me its the vehicle speed sensor he made calls but couldn't find one. Does anyone have an idea where i can get one for a 1998 gst 5spd? Because i heard automatic and stick vss are totally different?

Alright thanks man I appreciate it because i had asked the mechanic if i could find it at autozone and he said no. So yeah i dont really know much that's why i didn't want to mess with it. It looks like you just pull it out? but i really do want to start learning to fix my stuff and usually what helps out is going online

Heres where its located on you tranny:
(this is actually for an AWD but it will be an the same general area)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It is bolted down with, I believe, a 10mm bolt. Unbolt it, and carefully give it a nice tug! But Be carefully, you don't want to break the sensor off in the tranny, that would be a no no! :/

Or if I were you I would invest in a service manual for you car, even just the haynes one from autozone would help you alot since you want to learn how to to the work yourself!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back