The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Vrsf piping, ETS core?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracing4500

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2012
Europe
Just wondering if anyone has ever done this combo, if you have pics would be great! Only reason I ask is I could buy the vrsf for now and have fun with my 16g but eventually I am going with a Holset HX40. Not only that but ets wants $400 for piping alone.

I agree X 1000.

Some people shouldn't be into modding cars. Unfortunately we get stuck with them.

I don't blame VRSF. They already sell a "nice" cheap product and they still feel the wrath of the loser DSM consumer. :banghead:
I understand were they are coming from but I just would have never said it. Avid Racing said the samething.

Most DSM guys have no clue about them. I see people go spend $3500.00 on a DSMgraveyard short block and that junks blows up within 100 miles when they could have gone a MAGNUS short block for $3000.00 There are 4 DSM shops that have been in the DSM game for 10 plus years and that is for a reason. That is because they know what there doing and are the best.

Road/Race Engineering
Magnus Motorsports
Morales Racing
Buschur Racing

New Kids on the block

STM
Forced Eng
Boostin

Stick to the vendors that support us, ETS, STM, magnus, buschur. Screw vrsf i had one of their kits and i had terrible iats. I run an ets now and it's much better. The piping should work with minor modification and i asked ETS and they said you could make it work but they couldn't be positive.

Ets pipes are nice and stainless. I like them better than the vrsf pos aluminum anodized silver piping made of Chinese materials. It works for a budget tho.

im not to sure about buying piping now because at work we get these nice 1ft 3inch id "cores" off saran wrap rolls. The cores are made of aluminum. I could probably take 3 and weld something up for the the UICP at least, but i'll figure this out I got all winter. :)

also that's a shame about VRSF. I just cant believe a few years back when I had my 99 there were so many options for FMIC intercooler kits, now its VRSF, Punishment Racing or ETS basically.

^this. While choices are nice, quality over quantity. The way I look at it is. If you are building a fun street car then a PR FMIC kit will suffice. If you want to build a monster then you have ETS. Aside from that I don't see the need or another FMIC.

Quick story of why i have a PR kit vs a VRSF. IIRC, 2 years ago maybe less, i really wanted the VR kit. They were backordered 2-3 months. I called PR, here within a week. And they perform about the same except you can easily keep stock fog lights(2gb) with the PR kit.

Dsmers are cheap. The vast majority are cheap. Why else would you not have a2005+ evo?? I can answer, they dont look as good and yes, they are more expensive. Bang for the buck DSM is better.

I can promise you people wont really care that vr stops selling dsm kits, PR will just take the business. If they dont raise their price then no one will notice a difference, except you can get a FMIC on time w PR

Im at a stage in life/career where it wouldnt be a big deal to go buy the new vette tomorrow. I choose to mess with these old cars. Guess what? At the end, if youve done it right, you're still in 20k. Way way more for a super nice one. So while most of us are cheap or try to get the same thing at a better price(is THAT cheap or smart hmmmm) i think VRSF saying we are all cheap asses and hates the scene is a bit overkill.

Does it really matter what Vrsf says guys ? Look at the PR, VRSF, and Cx racing kits, they are pretty much all the same, with maybe piping fluctuations. Under 350, a street kit is not expensive. If you want badass cores, then you can always source one, Garret, ETS, spearco..etc.. Its all what you need in Cfm or simply bang for the buck. Some vendors can bi*** all they want, but so many people are buying off Ebay these days, who knows how much Dsm vendors are missing out on business.
Morales and Alamo..hmm Ive been around dsm's for 10+ years and i didnt know about them. Im curious to look them up now, sound s cool there were more old school supporters.

Morales who? Never seen any of their cars. ;)

First auto in the 10s and was fastest 13g powered DSM back in the day. was 5th fastest DSM in NJ. Here is a hint Morales Racing car is on the left. I even co owned the Doxdog laser when alex sold it the first time. Your from NJ so you should remember Boosted aka riod dave and when jeff had pumps at the old place or Sam with the GSX

Ive never heard of these guys.... where the heck have I been.:confused:
Yep they have been around forever. I always forget about them. Funny part is I was cool with of the guys who worked there like 15 years ago

Remember this car ???? Its a sad people dont know who Jeff Hill is

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

SH*T how about Al Blaha ???? I still have one of has mass air he did like 16 years ago

Last edited:
SH*T how about Al Blaha ???? I still have one of has mass air he did like 16 years ago

Haha the truly engineered hack job.

Alamo sold me my e6k and supported the hell out of it when I was a dumb teenager who barely understood what I was even changing. I got into auto x and club track days and built an rx7 track car after that. I shelved the e6 and bought a wolf 3d for that car. I wanted a TEC but it didn't support rotary ignition. The wold 3d was horrible. It was supposed to be theist advanced "budget" system but that handheld and memory car system was horrible. My haltech dos laptop couldn't run their pc software. It's ignition input was so inflexible I had to grind teth off the CAS torun it. Boy those where the days. Cars we really fun and it was special to have a fast import. Remember how exiting it was to rent time with a wideband and not be in the dark.

How much fun where dsm clutches then?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back