The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

VR Speed factory

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bald_eagle

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2008
Rockville, Maryland
I am looking at purchasing from VR speed factory and was wondering if anyone here has used them before? It seems like a very legit website and has decent prices. The only thing I am worrying about is I noticed there is no "contact us" section. I always like to see where things are coming from and sometimes call. I tried searching and didn't find anything about it. Thanks guys!

wow, I was in a hurry but yeah it is at the bottom....Sorry about that :ohdamn: I am looking at getting an ACT 2100 clutch kit. I would love to use a vender from here, I didn't even think of that! This site has helped me out a LOT. I am also open to other clutch suggestions. My trans died and I just got it back from shep. It's more or less just a stage 1 build. My goal is about 300 WHP.

An act 2100 is very streetable and would fit the bill for your power goal with no problem.

Thanks again DSMj89! I just looked through vendors and VR speed factory is actually ON there! I totally deserved to be flamed! :banghead:ROFL Thanks!! The DSM should be back on the road sometime mid next week!!! :hellyeah::hellyeah::talon:

No problem. You won't get flamed, remember, we were all noobs at one point. Make sure you don't forget your maintenance either if you haven't already done so before you start modding away.

I am! I have had the car almost a year now and have been doing mostly maintenance. Im down to pretty much the timing belt which I am gonna get done before any real power mods go on.

so does any one have more specific specs on this intercooler besides how big it is? i cant find any info on what this thing is capable of, pressure drop etc. it looks like the ssac and ebay kits only costs a little more. i just need some convincing before i go buy this kit for more than competitors with identical kits.

so does any one have more specific specs on this intercooler besides how big it is? i cant find any info on what this thing is capable of, pressure drop etc. it looks like the ssac and ebay kits only costs a little more. i just need some convincing before i go buy this kit for more than competitors with identical kits.

Check this out:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ven...-route-front-mount-intercooler-group-buy.html

You have to sift through these pages a bit, but all the info is there. I believe you are looking for the 35-40 psi that they're pressure tested at while in production. This info is in post #17 which is about half way down the first page of the thread.

Also, they just had this group buy a few months back and because there was SO much demand for these kits, they ran out of stock on them. They, now, have a second revision in development that will take care of ALL the installation woes of the first kit. It'll be a piece of cake and it's a good bang-for-your-buck set up. Last I read, the release date for the revised kit is scheduled for sometime in March-Early April, at the latest.

VR Speed Factory is very legit.

Tiago is one of the nicest guys in the business and customer service is top notch!

-Frank:dsm:

We actually just updated the Contact Us section a few days ago :)

I highly recommend both the company ( I dealt with Tiago on here) and the kit. I was also able to retain my foglights.

Not to mention that nice short-route piping and clean look at a good price. :thumb:

thanks for the info. i must opf tried to contact you guys at the wrong time.

as far as retaining fogs do you have any pictures? or quick tips?

oh ya mangina i was a little curios i see on your site that you now sell the intercooler separate along with piping separate. it also shows these both available and that the kit isnt available. so is there a typo somewhere or can i go buy the intercooler now?

How did you retain your fogs?

I will do a write-up with pics showing this later this week. Basically, unbolt the the fogs from the stock location. Use a small bracket or two, and drill a hole on both ends of the brackets the same size of the screws. Then, attach one end of that bracket to the stock hole location on the foglight, and the other end to the hole for the screw that holds the foglight bezel in place. You should be good to go. basically, instead of having the foglight mounted "behind" the foglight bezel with light shining through, you are placing the foglight "inside" the bezel, thus clearing the intercooler pipe.

I will do a write-up with pics showing this later this week. Basically, unbolt the the fogs from the stock location. Use a small bracket or two, and drill a hole on both ends of the brackets the same size of the screws. Then, attach one end of that bracket to the stock hole location on the foglight, and the other end to the hole for the screw that holds the foglight bezel in place. You should be good to go. basically, instead of having the foglight mounted "behind" the foglight bezel with light shining through, you are placing the foglight "inside" the bezel, thus clearing the intercooler pipe.

Very cool, definitely do a write up!
There's been a few people who "claimed" to have kept their fogs with this kit, glad to hear you've actually done it.

Is this possible with a 2ga?

WRITE UP!!!!!! WRITE UP!!!!!! WRITE UP!!!!!! WRITE UP!!!!!! WRITE UP!!!!!!

...please?....

i would love to keep my fogs!!!

I have their fmic kit. I am very happy with it. Their 2nd edition should be easy to install. I think the kit is missing a reducer though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back