The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

VIS carbon fiber hood

Are VIS carbon fiber hoods , OEM style....

• OF poor quality, DON'T buy one.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • One of the best hoods out there.

Votes: 40 93.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by focusedrage
yeah i figured as much... so what do you do with the cheeper one?

Well save money...but see it this way..you still need to get Hood pins anywhere 20-50 bucks...also you don't get the ridgity of the one with the oem skeleton frame one...might as well spend the extra money and get the nice one....:thumb:

so you don't have to use GHEY hood pins hahahaaha to everyone that has hood pins.....yeah what I am haten on them..bring it on...

Naw there kinda cool I guess..just not my Fortay i guess

Originally posted by KRAZYKOREAN

so you don't have to use GHEY hood pins hahahaaha to everyone that has hood pins.....yeah what I am haten on them..bring it on...

I'll be laughing when you hood flies up and cracks your windshield.

Originally posted by KRAZYKOREAN

Me too:laugh:

Me three! jk

I dont link hood pins either:p :barf:

is the skeleton frame carbon fiber too? that would be slick

thats a shame, importftan has some of those double sided cf hoods, pretty ill, well yeah i imagine the weight is still way less, even with the frame

The frame is fiberglass so it is still light!

Yes, Matt is right, I have had problems with the quality of my fiber images hood. I want to by the vented VIS CF Hood for my car, does anyone have any opinions as to how that would look?

Originally posted by cucumber
Yes, Matt is right, I have had problems with the quality of my fiber images hood. I want to by the vented VIS CF Hood for my car, does anyone have any opinions as to how that would look?

If its the vented one that I am thinking of...unless there other ones that they make...I would stick with the OEM Dawg..:thumb:

I agree John. I started this because someone said it was he WORST HOOD EVER. Now i had a knock off prior... and I would have to say, it was one of the worst. I like VIS a lot.
I am assuming this is pointed at me....so here goes

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the picture proves my bad experience, I dont see why I can't be justified in hating VIS...I could have died.

i feel all carbon fiber hoods are questionable, theres a few more guys on 2gnt that have had the same thing happen. 1 guy with a VIS and the others with knock offs. plus 2 zeus style screw pins wouldnt look that bad or just straight out hood pins. the extra safety is always worth it.

(replaced it with an aluminum hood, much lighter than the stock one and not flashy like a CF hood)

jon, are you talking about my hood? if so, it is a functional hood. at stoplights, i can see heat waves coming from the vent of the hood. everything else around it is normal looking but you see the heat waves in the middle. it's cool!
later

Originally posted by justincredible
Heat waves? Must look badass...

Mmmmm, heat waves..... Sounds like someone has a nice visual while sitting at lights. You lucky SOB. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back