The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Vis Carbon Fiber Hood How-To

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnetwork

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
New Milford, New_Jersey
I'm about to buy a Vis CF Hood and I just wanted to know how you get the windshield washer nozzles out of the original hood? Do you pry them out from the out side? I don't see how you would get them out from the bottom... Thanks.

Mine had a piece on each side of the squirters that you had to push together(from bottom) and they poped out..

Honestly though, I would suggest just ordering some new ones from the dealer. It would be easier and come out cleaner. When I had my CF Hood, I tried to remove mine from my stock hood and damn near broke them. Just a suggestion.

Twist (turn 180o) and pull.. thats how mine come out.

They don't seem to be twisting off... Does it take a lot of force? I can't get to it from the bottom because the hood is two ply and the bottom sheet blocks you from getting to the bottom of the nozzle... Any ideas?

hmm mine were very easy to get off... they even pop out on their own sometimes (now..)
but than again maybe the last owner of my car tookt hem off and did something, maybe thats why mine are easy.
Sorry i dont know much more.

I'll try to get them off tomorrow with a tool. They just might be hard to get off because they were never taken off before...

Figured it out. The just pry out, they have a springy edge on them. You just take a pair of pliers, hold it by the sides, and pull carefully straight out. I could def. see them getting weak after doing that a few times. Not gonna touch them anymore until I get the hood...

Except when you have dirt all over your windshield and you can barely see out of it, then its the ultimate dirty look. You have to drive close behind cars or trucks hoping they kick up enough water off the ground and onto your windsheild so you can see, what a fun game that is.... :notgood:

Very true. I just bought new washer motors three months ago and finally fixed my washers. I'm way to happy that I have those back to ever not have them again. I drive my car during the winter a tiny bit and it was a pain.. had to go out and wipe the windshield all the time to get the salt off...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back