The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Valve replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
So I've been really debating on changing the valves back to the bc ones but the more I look at the head the more I dont want to... is it worth upgrading valves or keep stock ? What's the pros of changing them out and is there a easier way to take them out other then a hammer and extention LOL....

aftermarket valves are stronger so they can handle the stresses and heat from the turbo better than the stock valves. They usually flow better also. If you really want better flow you can go with oversized valves, but since you already have the valves i guess that doesn't really matter.f

if you have stock valve springs, you should be able to remove them by hand. i have some little chunks of magnet i broke off an old speaker, that i put where the keepers meets the valve stem. then take a 17mm (1/2" drive) deep socket and put a 6" extension on it to use as a handle. then flip the head on its side. push the head of the valve with one hand and with the other push the socket against the retainer. Some times you gotta push it a few times before the keepers are out of the way and the valve is released.

If you have stiffer springs, use a valve spring compressor.

either way your gonna need a valve spring compressor when you put it back together.

don't for forget to lap the valves if you change them.

I see... so I guess it's worth the time and pita that I have to endure to do it..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back