The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Vacuum lines without manual boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noplaymaker

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
okay, my GST had this cheap ass manual boost controller and was restricting booze whenever I got into high rpm'S. I ended up deleting the MBS. have a Greddy type s blow off valve. my question is where do I run the vacuum lines, if any from the stock wastegate, turbo nipple, and lower nipple on BOV.

and don't tell me to refer 21 of the vacuum diagram pictures I've already seen. I need a detailed reference without an aftermarket boost controller.

Just go from the nipple off the turbo pipe straight to the actuator

+1

The top nipple of the BOV to the Intake Manifold. I believe the bottom nipple of the Type S BOV is just a breather/vent nipple, so no line needed to be hooked up to it.

Yep one vacuum line from boost source nipple to waste gate actuator. Then a line from intake manifold to the bov. Now your boost will change based off of what the spring in the actuator can support. So my turbo ( the good ole 14b tdo5h hotside) actuator opens at 10psi. So depending on what that boost controller was set at you Would most likely see less booslt if the mbc. Was set higher of course.

okay, my GST had this cheap ass manual boost controller and was restricting booze whenever I got into high rpm'S.

Boost falling off at high RPM is caused by the turbo, not a boost controller. The turbo can't keep up with the demand of the engine. It's completely normal with a small frame turbo.

I have a cheap ass boost controller and I do not lose boost at high RPM. So I agree that it is the turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back