The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual Boost Controller Install info

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBack-Cro

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Zagreb, Europe
I bought MBC.
If i understand it right. If I install MBC, i use boost source to MBC and directly to wastegate. (so i don't need T fitting from BCS)
Means that the BCS is block off, right? I need to Block nipple on air can?

I hope that U can understand me.

Thank You.

Vacumme line from boost source to mbc (in), vacumme line from mbc (out) to waistgate accuator, its that simple, and yes you completely cut out the BCS. You can keep it plugedin to the harness to avoid a check engine light, also use the nipple from your j pipe as the boost source, and keep you vacumme lines a short as possible. Happy boosting.

Just to say... it works perfectly. I got Perrin MBC

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I raise boost on 15 Psi with stock injectors, fuel pump and maf.
Now i need some logging to do.

on a 1G you can disconnect the factory BCS, no check engine light will come on.

I like the simple design of that MBC. Haven't heard of that brand before, but it looks quality. EDIT: Actually from the way it looks, can you still adjust it with the hose hooked up?

It's amazing how much power those things can unlock. It's like a whole new car, eh?

Good call, I wouldn't go any higher with the boost either. Don't forget to use premium fuel.

What kind of octane rating is 'premium' (or whatever you guys call it) in Europe?

I'm stuck with 92 and 93 here now. 10% ethanol mixture, even. Bleh! Back in the 90s I could get pure 103 octane at Sunoco stations ...for 4 times less money.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would zip tie each end of the vacuum line. Make sure there are no boost leaks.

There's no boost leaks. I zip tie vacuum line. In this pic u can not see. Now i realize that U mean on MBC. I will do that. Thanks anyway for advice ;)

I like the simple design of that MBC. Haven't heard of that brand before, but it looks quality. EDIT: Actually from the way it looks, can you still adjust it with the hose hooked up?

It's amazing how much power those things can unlock. It's like a whole new car, eh?

Good call, I wouldn't go any higher with the boost either. Don't forget to use premium fuel.

What kind of octane rating is 'premium' (or whatever you guys call it) in Europe?

I'm stuck with 92 and 93 here now. 10% ethanol mixture, even. Bleh! Back in the 90s I could get pure 103 octane at Sunoco stations ...for 4 times less money.

I am very satisfied with it. Could not believe how u can feel the difference.
They recomend that you disconect hose when you adjust BC. There's no problem with that. In less than a minute you are done.

We have a Eurosuper 95, Eurosuper 98, and Class100( premium). It should be octane. But somehow I do not believe. I think if you are at this 92 octane is 98 octane in Europe ... I mean that you have that much octane that it says on gas station. For example, in my gas station it says Eurosuper 98, but i think that's not real octane value. I hope you understand me:)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Eurosuper 95, Eurosuper 98, and Class100( premium). It should be octane. But somehow I do not believe. I think if you are at this 92 octane is 98 octane in Europe ... I mean that you have that much octane that it says on gas station. For example, in my gas station it says Eurosuper 98, but i think that's not real octane value. I hope you understand me:)
Oh, believe me, I understand perfectly. That sucks. Are you sure you're not just paranoid, or is this common there?

Yeah, I've actually never heard of that happening here (ever), that is until a few days ago...

Well, just a rumor/speculation. One person claims to have had the fuel tested at a particular fuel station and revealed it had water and a higher than advertised percent of ethanol. Claims it damaged the fuel system of his brand new car.

Oh, believe me, I understand perfectly. That sucks. Are you sure you're not just paranoid, or is this common there?

Yeah, I've actually never heard of that happening here (ever), that is until a few days ago...

Well, just a rumor/speculation. One person claims to have had the fuel tested at a particular fuel station and revealed it had water and a higher than advertised percent of ethanol. Claims it damaged the fuel system of his brand new car.

I hope that i'm just paranoid. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back