The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

UUUooooWWeeee!!! ...Got my Shep S4 in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
I FINALLY GOT MY SHEP STAGE 4 TRANS! YahY!
And its installed too!!

Man it took forever, but I'm finally back on the road.

The Trans was a bit tight at first, but after a couple hundred miles of break-in.... awh man I'm in love!!! It's very smooth, and has a much more direct feel. The shifts are reeeealy fast too! There's virtually zero down time between shifts! I have No Problems slamming power shifts. The Trans doesn't even give the slightest hint that it might grind when I slam it..... This thing eats up the power shifts like no body's business! Damn I'm happy with it! I've only had it on the road a few days, but so far this trans has exceeded my expectations!

Thanks Shep!!! :thumb:
It was worth the Hell-ish-ly long wait :D

~SteveB

As long as the clutch is adjusted properly and disengauging shifts are effortless and it is really nice how fast it goes in gear ya have to get use to it LOL its not driving a stock tranny.

I have heard rumors that with the cost of shipping the tranny out, buying the insulation foam for the shipment, the actual work done on the tranny, and the ship back costs about two grand. I guess it all depends on what stage you choose.

Anyways, what did you pay in the end?

In the link below, I see that you probably went well over two grand with a stage 4 option:

http://www.sheptrans.com/details.php?sid=1

NewTurboTuner! Hey we should meet up sometime, I would love to see the first gen, and are see that tranny! I want one, but no mulla right now, maybe next summer! Also, are those fno1r-c you have on there too? Just wondering, awesome to hear you got that bad boy in. I will remember if I see you around puyallup/auburn area, what you are packing in that thing if I roll up on you...ROFL ...jk...I would like to see the car sometime though. Tell us how you like it as the weeks go along? And maybe I can get a ride somtime? ;) . Later :thumb:

Hey thanks

What was the wait? AAaaah :cry:
Are you sure you wanna know? ...Its painful!!!
When I 1st dropped the car off. I was told aprox 3.5 weeks.
It was right over 3 months in all!! OMG No joke. Thats how freakin long my car was at PinaMS! Shep took a long ass time, and then I had to buy a new Core. Then Shep took a long ass time again! Awh it was a crazy long wait. I'm sure Shep was super busy, but still.... that was a long ass wait for a trans

BUT.... Now I'm VERY VERY happy!
I knew it would be worth the wait, and the Trans is even better than I expected! :thumb:

I ended up going with a Brand New Stage 4 with a 4-diff Spyder.
I was originally going to go for the Stage 3 re-build, but Shep said my core was shit. (To make a long story short) I ended up going with the Stage4, because it took soooo long.... I didnt want to have to go through that again for a loooooooong time. Plus I had 2 extra months to save more money for a better trans:cool: My final trans cost was about $3700WTF. I wish I could have gotten my trans rebuilt, but honestly.... I feel the trans is worth what I paid for it ...its that nice!

Hey. I'm down to meet some DSM'ers.
I don't know any, and I want to meet some in my area. I'd be cool to check out other peoples rides and swap ideas. Either 1G or 2G. I like'm both

Yea you get what ya pay for when buying a trany for sure. I paid 2300 with a 4 spider diff shipped to my door for a 1g stage 3 with a new 93 core from him only took 2 weeks that was about a year ago.
If ya want to play with the big boys ya gota pay. Dam though 3700 that must have been installed plus other parts?

What clutch are you using?

My stock trans does not like power shifts what so ever

I love my Shep tranny.

Stage 3, chromoly fork upgrade.

Damn that was a long wait. Mine was like 3 weeks.

NewTurboTuner said:
Act 2600 right now.
I think thats the only clutch to go with ....until you start making big power:D
ACT's are pretty nice. My new drivetrain setup is a SBR 4500..Love it. It takes Launches from 6.5k and nitrous very well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back