1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink Using Baro Input for Fuel Pressure

Posted by Boomdeeze, Mar 25, 2020

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Boomdeeze

Boomdeeze Proven Member

Joined Jul 5, 2009
    Independence, Minnesota
    I recently installed a Holley 100 psi sensor (554-102) and installed it to the Baro ECU input as it is the only open input I have open. Rear o2 is WB, MDP is Omni 4 bar(SD), using stock coolant temp and still using stock front o2.

I did read on ECMLink that the Baro has a restrictor in the ECU (39) that does not work with “Some aftermarket sensors”. I tried to find anywhere if the fuel pressure sensors work with the Baro input but never read that it could or couldn’t. So I went ahead and installed the sensor, 5v from pin 81, ground to pin 92 and sensor wire to pin 85(Baro). I’ve thought about switching the Omni 4 bar(MDP) to the Baro as it appears the Omni can run with the restrictor, then put the fuel pressure on the MDP input.

I set up ECMLink and got the sensor working. When I compare the mechanical gauge to the electronic sensor in ECMLink, link is about 1.5 psi lower than the mechanical gauge.

Is the resistor messing with the reading or do I just need to play with the sensor min/max to get it to read the same? Could this sensor be one of the aftermarket sensors that work with the Baro since it is so close to the mechanical gauge?

Any help would be great!

Street Build 4K  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.793 @ 128.98 · 2G DSM
  2. turbosax2

turbosax2 Moderator

Joined Nov 19, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    It's tough to say if it work or not without testing the actual sensor. But the workaround is easy to do, so you should do it just to be sure.
    https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/2gbaroinputworkaround

That being said, I wouldn't cry foul because of a 1.5 psi difference. That's probably in the accuracy range of the mechanical gauge.

4K  24

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.543 @ 100.000 · 2G DSM
    GST with PSI likes this.
  3. Boomdeeze

Boomdeeze Proven Member

Joined Jul 5, 2009
    Independence, Minnesota
    Thanks man! I have a butane soldering torch that I can put the tip on to melt that solder but have to get creative to get both haha Or just buy a second solder gun I guess.

Street Build 4K  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.793 @ 128.98 · 2G DSM
  4. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Im setting mine now I just tapped into my egr wire since I did some wiring, hooking it up any day.

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM