The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Use of a mechanical speedometer possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
I have a 160mph Auto Meter mechanical speedometer sitting here brand new. Has anyone used one on an eclipse? If so, how?

You would have to make some sort of adapter that fits in place of the stock VSS. The adapter would have a cable that connects to a gear that mates to the gear inside the transmission. I don't think building such a thing would be easy or worth it at all.

I'm definitely not looking to do any crazy work. I might examine a few options, if anything works, I'll post something. Until then, I'll be shopping around for a 3 3/8 electronic speedometer.

Your factory speedometer will continue all the way around to the resting peg. If you need a larger range, all you need is a new gauge face.

edit: Although, the factory gauge face is to 170mph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back