The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Upstate NY meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

too far for me fellas LOL sorry. Maybe one day ill make the trek out there

well for you that dont know we have the jamesville meet wich should be covinent for most and should have around 20 cars hopiing more but well see as tme gets closer
and i wont make it to horseheads this week gonna go racing

Im kinda scared to drive up there, my car has been hating me ever since i bought it. :cry:

Does anyone still do the Horseheads meet? I'm game for riding up there. I didn't realize how close it was.

Ps. My car gets pissed when I don't take it anywhere for too long. To and from work doesn't give it a chance to stretch it's legs.

Yes, we might be meeting up this week if I can get my clutch here in time. If not then it will be the next sat.

Hopefully my car will be ready by this saturday. Ill bring it up to walmart. Even though my car is a half breed monster now. I ended up swapping a 1gb front end unto my 90.

Do you have any pics? I would like to see this, I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I actually dont have any pics. I had it done by a body shop. I had them put the radiator support and body panels of my parts car 92 talon tsi on it and paint it. Waiting for it to come out of the body shop. All i did was cut off the rad. support of the 92, and do the wiring for the lights. My radiator support was fubared do to a deer, and i didnt want to get into swapping a radiator support . If your radiator support is good, you cut drill the spot welds off the headlight bracket and trun signal brackets and just swap those,the wiring is easy. If wanna do this I could help you out.

I'm supposed to get my new tires from Tire Rack tomorrow, so I can't wait to test them out on a little road trip. Hope to see you all this Saturday.

Here's a dumb question. Do you guys know the address? There's quite a few Walmarts listed in the Horseheads area according to Google.

I'm gussing the one in Big Flats Consumer Square?

1400 COUNTY ROUTE 64
Horseheads, NY 14845

I will be there but my car will not be i am fighting aimcoclutch they wont send me a new clutch!

I have a N/A Eclipse clutch from Napa with only a few hundred miles on it. It wouldn't hold the HP I'm making.
You're welcome to it if you're using a flat flywheel, but if you're making more than about 300 HP you'll find that it slips in the upper gears. I paid $120, I'll sell it to you for $0 if you need it.

I'd appreciate it, im searching the auto stores around me for one if I cant locate one I might take you up on that offer.:thumb:

No problem. I have no use for it because I ended up switching to a W5M33 and running a stepped flywheel. If you're running the N/A flat flywheel, save your money, unless you're looking for something with more hold.
I took care not to cook it when it started to slip, but keep in mind it's not really made for a turbo car. Mine's modded pretty far, but it didn't slip on me untill I turned the boost to 15, and leaned it out to 10:1 AFR, and even then it only slipped if I floored it in 4th or 5th in the 4500 RPM range. That's with 9:1 CR, so I was making pretty good power despite the moderate boost.

I actually bought an ACT N/A Eclipse clutch set for $420 that holds 400 foot pounds, but fell into the AWD transmission before I ever took it out of the box. Luckilly it sold with my old transmission.

I just need to vent. I hate ferrario dodge/chrysler. They can't get anything for these cars anymore. I wanted a o2 sensor housing gasket, and they could get it. Throttle body gasket oh we cant get it. Its like they dont even try. I know they have books to order these parts out of, ### the old parts guy would do it. Now they dont. Also i have some turbo clutch parts laying around, some maybe good like I think I have a good pressure plate. The discs are mostly like not worth using.

Fel-pro makes the throttle body gasket. I've bought two of them from Advance auto parts in the last 8 months, so I'm sure they sell them.
I'm sure it's cheaper than what Chrysler would get for it too.

I have 3 good pressure plates, I only need an clutch disc. Im running the stock turbo flywheel is that going to matter? I never go to dealerships to buy parts especially around were we live, they are all a-holes.

The disk and plate I have is NOT for a turbo. The splines are the same size, but I think the disk diameter is different. It fits a flat flywheel from a 91 Eclipse GS (8 and 5/16 inch diameter).

N/a discs are smaller.I have some discs if your desperate,u can buy just the disc at advanced or wherever , its like $45 bucks. Yeah, i just bought a turbo gasket kit from advanced, and in the pic it looks like it has the throttle body elbow gasket. I needed the elbow gasket sry. But i also needed a j-pipe gasket and a o2 housing gasket, so it was worth it even if it doesn't. P.S the colt is sexy.

N/a discs are smaller.I have some discs if your desperate,u can buy just the disc at advanced or wherever , its like $45 bucks. Yeah, i just bought a turbo gasket kit from advanced, and in the pic it looks like it has the throttle body elbow gasket. I needed the elbow gasket sry. But i also needed a j-pipe gasket and a o2 housing gasket, so it was worth it even if it doesn't. P.S the colt is sexy.

Thanks, I built it myself. I did everything but mount the tires and align the front end. It's due for paint again soon though.

The guy at my local Advance told me about that turbo gasket kit when I asked about a BOV gasket. He said that was the only way they sell a BOV gasket. I ended up cutting my own instead of waiting.

When it comes in, please let us know if it looks like good quality. From what I hear, there are several variations on the turbo and O2 housing gaskets; different materials eg. copper, MLS, organic, etc... When I take off my TB, I just order two TB gaskets, and use one for the elbow.

Well that blows, I searched Autozone, Carquest, and Advance and neither of them sell it anymore.

Yes, I found a clutch at Napa for $60. Would you guys like to meet up next weekend instead just so we can get all our cars to go?

I have a wedding in NH next weekend, so that won't work for me. I just got my new tires yesterday, and I can't wait to test them out, so I'll be there tommorrow. Hope to see you guys there.

Ps. Can't you make time to get the clutch done today, or did Napa have to order it?

They had to order it. I'll come then, I'll just be rocking an Mazda 6 or an Pt Cruiser convertable. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back