The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Upper window trim both sides available :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andakanda

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2009
Bergen, Europe
This post is information only, im not selling anything!

Just wanted to let ya'll know that i recieved my upper window trim today from JNZ tuning.com

Both driver and passanger side

I know theres alot of discussion about the windowtrim beeing difficult to get, thats not true ( atleast not anymore ) They sell them @ JNZtuning for around 30$ a pop.

MB881973 - Left side

MB881974 - Right side

Here's the website :

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214828

Hope this helps to those of you who are looking for new trim :)

-andy

I know this is an old thread but has anyone found a safe way to remove the lower seal? I suppose it is the lower window frame. I found a screw on either end of the rail but it will not release. I popped the door panel and cannot see any other screws. I am painting my car soon and want to remove as much as possible. Any ideas?

These are no longer made but there is a slight chance they have found a stash, I ordered one of each and will let you know if they actually fill the order!

I tried to order these as well and got an email stating they are no longer available. This was about 2 months ago. I hope they found some more somewhere. These are "almost" impossible to find. I have made it my mission to find some somewhere. I have even made contacts all around the globe and have come up empty handed. I will post information here if I find some. I know many people are looking for these parts.

Well i got my lower ones out. Only one screw on either end. Then take off door panel, lower window then use a long flat tip screw driver to bend in tabs under the lip. They are riveted to the the molding, you cant miss them. I took some pictures if you guys wanna see them. It feels like the trim is going to break when you re pulling on it, dont be scared LOL.

Thanks for the heads up. I got lucky: The guy who did my paint and body work did one hell of a job on mine and they dont need to be replaced anymore. whew...

I called and spoke with MitsubishiPartsDepot(Mitsubishi Dealerin New Bedford, MA) (Jane 508-742-2960) and looked into the availability of the drip moldings. I asked her to confirm the part number for theavailable drip moldings and I discovered that the drip molding available are for the Spyder, not the coupe. The full length drip rail for the coupe are no longer available, but there are a few remaining in the system for the Spyder(shorter). I asked her to provide the part number of the available drip rail and she told me it was MR155221. This number is for the Spyder-Driver side. The part number for the coupe is MB881973(driver side) and MB881974(Passenger side)-both which are "no longer available". I almost ordered the wrong one until I clarified this with her as I have the coupe. Let me know if you find something different to be true.

MB881973 - OEM Search by Amayama Trading - Amayama Trading
MB881974 - OEM Search by Amayama Trading - Amayama Trading

Anyone looking for Drip Moldings for a 1995, 96, 97, not sure about 1998 Eagle Talon or Mitsubishi, above is the link to get them NEW!!! I just received a set, left & right side for my 95 Talon, they are NEW!!! Amayama Trading is in Japan. Both sides cost me $208.00 with shipping. Shipping alone was $45.00. I know that's a bit salty but how bad do you want them? I got them in 4 days!!! :thumb:

$208? I think i'll just plasti dip mine. Unless I can find some decent ones at a junkyard or something. I had the ones on my 335i vinyl wrapped. Came out OK. My buddy plasti dipped his on his 335i and came out pretty awesome.

I called and spoke with MitsubishiPartsDepot(Mitsubishi Dealerin New Bedford, MA) (Jane 508-742-2960) and looked into the availability of the drip moldings. I asked her to confirm the part number for theavailable drip moldings and I discovered that the drip molding available are for the Spyder, not the coupe. The full length drip rail for the coupe are no longer available, but there are a few remaining in the system for the Spyder(shorter). I asked her to provide the part number of the available drip rail and she told me it was MR155221. This number is for the Spyder-Driver side. The part number for the coupe is MB881973(driver side) and MB881974(Passenger side)-both which are "no longer available". I almost ordered the wrong one until I clarified this with her as I have the coupe. Let me know if you find something different to be true.

So looks like Spyder driver's side (MR155221) is still available, does anyone have a passenger side PN?

Edit: looks like I found my own answer, it appears to be MR155222

Last edited:
Post some pics up of your refurbed one as it would be good to see the end result

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back