The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Upgraded to t3/t4b 50trim bullseye from Vtrim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazthug

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2003
livermore, California
Well, I had the vtrim bullseye turbo for a bit over 1 year and was very happy with it.

I put down 344whp on stock head, cams, intake manifold at 24psi on meth injection.

This weekend I upgraded to the t04b 50trim, where they stuff the 50trim 6 blade wheel into the t04b housing, along with the stage5 p trim turbine wheel

I had no complaints about the vtrim other than the slight compressor surge I would sometimes get at partial boost which would get frustrating at times

This new combo is matched MUCH better as I can easily control boost by throttle to any point I would like with no surging. The power delivery is MUCH smoother as well and somehow, it seems torquier off boost and at partial boost

It feels like it pulls alot harder at 2-3psi partial throttle then before, kinda weird, it must be a more efficient compressor wheel, because I can also push more boost now with the meth injection off. Before I could do a max of about 16-18psi with no injection on 91, now I can go up to about 20psi before it starts knocking. With meth injection, I can go upwards of 25psi with no knock, its great.

Im throwing in a set of comp cams in the next 2 weeks and heading to the dyno, with meth injection and even some better gas, I really want to hit about 420-430whp without going over 24psi.

So far so good, the turbo pulls great, sounds slightly different too, more of a whistle and is very smooth. They got a good combo in this setup, especially for the price :thumb:

btw, here's what its on:)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sounds great. I myself also upgraded to the to4b 50trim after me and dave couldn't figure out why the vtrim was surging past 18psi on my stock motor. I love the 50trim i have now and its a perfect turbo for my needs. Theres nothing like passing your opponents while your spinning all of second gear LOL

Are you gonna post the latest dyno graph? I'm kinda interested in the torque curve/spool.
What do you have for exhaust mani / o2 housing? Any porting?

22-24psi by 4000rpm in 3rd

I am waiting for my comp cams before I dyno. And Im fixing my meth injection at this point, its leaking for some reason.

Once that is done, I will run the final dyno at 24psi and see what numbers I can get after I fine tune the dsmlink and meth injection

Anything over 400whp would be awesome to me, im still on a stock 7 bolt block, head, intake manifold

Im running the evo3 manifold, evo3 o2 housing, 3"turboback

dyno results coming next week hopefully with cams...I just cant decide between the 101100 and the 101200 comp cams...i dont want to loose too much drivability and have no torque around town, since most of my driving is around town...i have to look at it realistically.

nazthug said:
dyno results coming next week hopefully with cams...I just cant decide between the 101100 and the 101200 comp cams...i dont want to loose too much drivability and have no torque around town, since most of my driving is around town...i have to look at it realistically.

I have the FP2's and i still see full spool around 3800-4000 on this turbo. But you should go with the 101100's if you want to have some torque

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back