The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

upgrade fuel rail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
So over the winter i installed a new turbo and upgraded the fuel system. I am now running a fuel lab filter, fuel lab FPR, PTE 1000cc's, and stock fuel rail. My question is do u think it would be a bad idea to run the car with the stock rail or do u think it is necessary to upgrade to an AEM or Magnus fuel rail? also i plan to be running 27-29 psi. thanks for the info.

You replaced all that other stuff so I would also Upgrade my fuel rail no doubt.That is what I did since I upgraded my fuel injectors & fuel pump now I'm running a AEM Fuel Rail.

Which stock fuel rail and proper -an fittings it will be able to do 500 hp or at least I've done it and it can certainly substantiate the flow of 1000cc injectors. My guess with your setup boosting less then 30 psi you're safe.

For just about anyones goals on here, the stock rail is fine to use. There really is no need to upgrade it unless you want something of a different look. I have read on here that some aftermarket rails actually have a smaller ID than the stock rail.

You replaced all that other stuff so I would also Upgrade my fuel rail no doubt.That is what I did since I upgraded my fuel injectors & fuel pump now I'm running a AEM Fuel Rail.

You certainly don't need to upgrade your fuel rail because of that. A stock fuel rail can handle more power than the stock pump and fuel regulator can handle.

Which stock fuel rail and proper -an fittings it will be able to do 500 hp or at least I've done it and it can certain substantiate the flow of 1000cc injectors. What are you goals?

my goals are prob somewhere around 550-600whp. and realistically i should be able to reach it. i've got a buschur 2.0 shortblock w/ a t4 PTE 6052 so it should be close to reaching that power level. so u think i would be ok with the stock rail? also i do have -6an fittings on the stock rail. it wouldnt be a big deal to switch to an aftermarket one but would rather just keep the stock one b/c everything is already installed and y spend $200 u dont need to...

my goals are prob somewhere around 550-600whp. and realistically i should be able to reach it. i've got a buschur 2.0 shortblock w/ a t4 PTE 6052 so it should be close to reaching that power level. so u think i would be ok with the stock rail? also i do have -6an fittings on the stock rail. it wouldnt be a big deal to switch to an aftermarket one but would rather just keep the stock one b/c everything is already installed and y spend $200 u dont need to...

Than certain won't happen with your boosting less then 30 psi and you may need to go bigger injectors, but stock fuel rail stock -6an should be good enough. It's more important to upgrade your fuel line and return line.

Not to mention, you may even need a second fuel pump possibly. All depends on what you are going to run and how you are going to run it. If I HAD to get a new rail, I'd look into the Magnus rail. They look "Nnniiieeeecceee"

You'll need larger than 1000cc injectors especially if you plan to run E-85 which none of us are sure of :D

oh ya i upgraded all of the lines to ss -6an lines except for the return line. u think its really necessary to upgrade the return line??

You can leave the return line alone, just get a new rubber line on it if you haven't replaced it already.

Not to mention, you may even need a second fuel pump possibly. All depends on what you are going to run and how you are going to run it. If I HAD to get a new rail, I'd look into the Magnus rail. They look "Nnniiieeeecceee"

You'll need larger than 1000cc injectors especially if you plan to run E-85 which none of us are sure of :D

You can leave the return line alone, just get a new rubber line on it if you haven't replaced it already.

ya that's what i was thinking too about the return line.. but ya im prob not goin to be running e-85 anytime soon and ya i only have 1 walboro 255 pump now.. thats y i wasnt going to run more than like 29 psi until i either get another 255 or go with an aeromotive 1000 pump or something

well thanks for the info guys :thumb:

I'd go with a inline Bosch or have Burschur setup another parallel Walbro pump, but you want to save yourself the money on not adding another pump, bigger injectors and possibly aftermarket fuel rail then I'd go with Snow Performance Methanol kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back