The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Unsigned title help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can try and contact automart and see if I can get a title from them, but I'm bot forging anything. That would just cause a bigger problem. I just need the safest and most money saving way to go about this because the car already needs little things here and there to be fixed.

+1 just fill it out and sign it as close to his bill of sale as you can get. But first make sure there is no lien. I there is a lean you were scammed. If not as I said just finish the paperwork. Only way you can get in trouble is if it's stolen and even then they will just take the car and the investment will be a loss.

I did many used car sales and many times have people missed one or two signatures. And I'd just finish it. DMV never cared. Just make sure you can legally own it (i.e. it's not stolen or a bank doesn't still own it) and you'll be golden.

The car is signed to the guy she bought it from. The title has him as the buyer. If she fills it out the rest of the way than they will send the title to the guy's house that she bought it from. There is NO way for her to fill anything out on the title, or forge it and get it in her name. The buyer section is already filled out, it is basically void at this point to anyone but the guy she bought it from.

Well my dad talked to one of his friends that buy cars and sells them and he said it's not a problem at all. All we have to do is go to the courthouse and send something to the guy to sign and then everything will be fine. So hopefully this will work. Going tomorrow morning.

You can also send a certified letter to the previous owner, wait 30 days for a response, then rinse and repeat 3 more times. After the 3rd certified letter take all your documentation to the DMV and show them what you have done. From there you should be good to go.

Well I called the county clerk and she said that there's no other way to go about it other than getting him to get the title signed in his name first before he can sell it to us. It's funny how he would be quick to answer his phones, now he doesn't at all and doesn't answer the texts.

Well I called the county clerk and she said that there's no other way to go about it other than getting him to get the title signed in his name first before he can sell it to us. It's funny how he would be quick to answer his phones, now he doesn't at all and doesn't answer the texts.

Since he's not answering, I'm gonna assume he played you. Just speaking from my experiences with buying and selling cars. All you can do then is keep trying to get ahold of him. Let this be a lesson to always check the title and paperwork before handing over the money. Hope it works out!

I got a hold of him earlier today, the number was his sons number and he had school , so he couldn't answer it at the moment. He gave me his dads number and he said he can meet sometime this week or weekend.

I got a hold of him earlier today, the number was his sons number and he had school , so he couldn't answer it at the moment. He gave me his dads number and he said he can meet sometime this week or weekend.

Oh ok well that's good!

Well, my dad tried to get back to him all weekend and he never answered his phone once. What had happened was that this guy bought the car with intentions of selling it, not keeping it to drive, so he never got a title for it and sold it without a title in his name. So I don't know if calling the place he bought it from would do any good, but I do have the phone number to call. If this doesn't work, I don't know what the next step would be to take.

What's the big deal? That means person A sold it to person B. Person B sold it to you. Just go to person A and have them sign it over to you. If they won't then just get a $50 title bond.

I flip cars to pay for college. I'm always person B. I get the title and then give it to the next person. My name is never on the title. The only difference is that I have person A sign it.

the easiest thing you could of done insted of all this waiting contacting and all that was sign the title your self and write up another bill of sale so the sig matches its that easy

What's the big deal? That means person A sold it to person B. Person B sold it to you. Just go to person A and have them sign it over to you. If they won't then just get a $50 title bond.

I flip cars to pay for college. I'm always person B. I get the title and then give it to the next person. My name is never on the title. The only difference is that I have person A sign it.

To OP. Ya, don't do that. Title jumping is illegal in most states, though I can't find the exact statutes in GA or TN, most states have a Title Fraud or Tax Fraud/Evansion crime attached doing that.

If you want to do it the proper, legal way. Contact the first seller and get him to get a reprinted title. Have them sign it and report Seller B to DMV for title jumping. This will clear you of all wrong doing in the future. Understand you run the risk of having the car repo'd from the first seller though. At which point you have legal grounds to sue seller B for selling something that doesn't legal belong to him.

Title jumping is illegal because if you flip (X) amount of cars you need a dealer license. The only way for that to be tracked in most cases is through title transfers. Unless your audited from the IRS and they figure it out through your financials.

Flipping or curbstoning is illegal period.

Boohoo. So is bribery but I don't see any senators behind bars.
Ill start following every picky law when the rich get the same punishment as everyone else.

I don't want to get political but when a politician gets no time for stealing millions and a poor person gets 15years for stealing $100 then the system is ####ed.

How about pro profit prisons that line politician pockets to pass ridiculous laws?

Or that the tsa was a $1billion scam paid by our tax dollars.

We have the title that the seller had that sold it to the guy who sold it to us. The guy who sold it to us put his name on the back of the title of the guy who sold him the car. We can't get tags for the car without having a title from the person we bought it from not the person he bought the car from. Buying a new title would cost 300 or 400 dollars and that's why I'm thinking he's ignoring the phone calls and not doing anything about that because 400 dollars might be a lot to him and he doesn't want to take care of it.

I went to talk to the county clerk again today and she said that the guy who sold us the car would have to have a title for it before he can legally sale it to us. I still can't get a hold of him and I'm sure he's just not wanting tot deal with it because he'll have to pay taxes and for the new title. She said that it could end up becoming a court matter, but the bill of sale isn't in note form so she said it may not even be enough to pass in court. I have no idea what to do, but getting a title bond or just a new title isn't an option.

wow......your guy's system is just stupid, makes no sense what so ever. In Canada we just have a registration and if they lost it/ dont have it they can just write a bill of sale and sign it or you can just claim the car as a gift. None of which costs any extra money.
Definitely glad this thread came up lots of info for me when I go down states side to pick up my 2g next summer.

Hopefully it works out for you, be stupid to have to waste a perfectly good dsm ### of some dumb title crap. :(

Honestly, if it was me I would do one of tho things:

1) Find a shell with a clean title on CL or something, Then if you want to do things legally, swap everything from your car into the shell, switch the title to your name and be on your way.
2) If you're a badass (or lazy), swap the dash from the shell into your car title it under the shell's vin and call it a day. Nobody checks the doorjam for the vin anyways. Besides there are a bunch of these cars running around with the dash and doorjam vins not matching because people swap dashes all the time.

Either of these will be much easier than trying to get some shady dousch to own up and do the right thing.

I went to talk to the county clerk again today and she said that the guy who sold us the car would have to have a title for it before he can legally sale it to us. I still can't get a hold of him and I'm sure he's just not wanting tot deal with it because he'll have to pay taxes and for the new title. She said that it could end up becoming a court matter, but the bill of sale isn't in note form so she said it may not even be enough to pass in court. I have no idea what to do, but getting a title bond or just a new title isn't an option.

I know I've been beating the subject of a title bond to death, but why is it not possible?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back