The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

type-s or type-r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redturboed95

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2004
huntington, West_Virginia
i've got a 2g GS-t and amd getting ready to buy a new bov. i am planning on running arond 18psi all the time and around 22psi or so on race day.Is the type-s going to be too weak and if so will the type-r be too strong till i get the bigger turbo and piping.
im planning on running arond 16psi when i get the new bovtill i get the new turbo.

Type-S is said to hold up to 26psi without leaking, so it should be fine.

type-s, holds 26, and the fact that it is much shorter that the type-r, mounting the s will be MUCH easier, you might have trouble with hood clearence with the type r. but there are a lot of people on this site running the type-s, and they love it. here is a link if you want some other opinions on what to go with http://www.dsmreviews.com/dsmreviews.php3?category=11001h :thumb:

My friend ran 22 on his type s and it held it fine, might just be your BOV.

I have Greddy Intercooler piping kit and Greddy type-s BOV never even used or opened if you need it just email me at [email protected] or talk to me on aim ZEDXR869, if you want my phone number so you can talk to me just let me know.

i've ran 20 psi with my first gen BOV fine on my last talon. Havent pushed it that far yet with the GSX. Cost me 50 bux too. Polished it up with some wire wool. I'm sure if i modify it, i can run up to 30 psi. Try one of those out before you cough out lots o cash for some bling bling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back