The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

TW: 1998 Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pekkle

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2008
Bay Area, California
The car has 102k miles on it and is 5 speed manual, original motor. I am the second owner. The car has a few mods, but nothing over the top.
Mods:
Projector housing headlights with HID's
Seibon OEM style carbon fiber hood.
Hyundai Valve cover with spark plug wire cover.
Tokiko blue shocks with Tokiko springs.
Apexi turbo timer
AEM wide band
Prosport boost gauge

Everything else is factory.
Now here are the bad things. Most of the bad things are small and/or cosmetic.
The front bumper doesn't really sit flush with the fenders (not too noticeable)
CF hood doesn't sit very flush with fenders.
OEM fog lights don't work. (probably a bulb)
One Cv boot has a small rip. No clicking though.
Has factory GSX wheels that are in poor condition.

All of the interior is in tact. It also has the Mitsubishi premium sound package which includes the Infinity radio, the amp under the passenger side seat, and the 10 disc cd changer in the trunk.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Testing waters.

Anything is helpful. I've checked craigslist but the prices are all over the place.

Well... KBB sez anywhere from 5400-6500 depending on condition Its pretty low miles and like you said for our cars the prices range a lot for street value depending on mods and how well its taken care of.

Since its low miles I'd pay... around 5k for it. Its a 98 and GSX so its one of the harder ones to find.

OoOo I didn't even bother to check who post this was, yeah I've seen your car before its very nice we did a photoshoot together, how come you didn't go to todays BBQ? Watcha interested in trading it for?

L O L I forgot the bbq was today! Damnit! Just wondering how much I can get for it since I rarely drive it. I'm just looking to get a daily driver right now.

Well I am testing waters right now, but it's looking to be around 6k.

Lol, why do you want to sell yours to get another one anyways?

Well mine is giving me way to much problems. I know it wont pass state ref in this condition. I figured i would cut my losses and buy a new one. But i am going to try what my friend said and "sell it" to get the state ref waived then all it would need is a smog in which the person i "sold it" to would "sell it" back to me.

Well mine is giving me way to much problems. I know it wont pass state ref in this condition. I figured i would cut my losses and buy a new one. But i am going to try what my friend said and "sell it" to get the state ref waived then all it would need is a smog in which the person i "sold it" to would "sell it" back to me.

thats used to work back then but IDK now. If it is sold , you cannot buy it back right away.

Your car should easily be worth around 6k if everything works and the only cons are all cosmetic.

you mention some of the front body parts arnt flushed with one another, does that mean its a salvage title due to front end damage?

It's a clean title. The front wasn't messed up terribly.

Right now everything under the hood is pretty much stock except the Hyundai valve cover.

It looks like you've taken pretty good care of it. Do you have pictures of the interior? Smog-able and registered, I'd give you 5500 for it, 6k even if the inside is as pretty as the outside.

I've spent 100 on gas in this last week just to see some that didn't start when I got there. I popped the intake off of one and pushed on the turbine and it slid in on the shaft - as well as other questionable 'builds' that people were asking 3500-4000 for. I'm not looking to buy someone else's problems, y'know :)

Anyway. 5,500 for what's in that picture, 6k if pictures and test drive are convincing. Let me know.

Currently I am getting it a new battery since I rarely drive it. The battery died. Then I am going to get it smogged. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back