The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbo water feed line source?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
I'll be putting a BB turbo on that requires water cooling in the next few days. The problem is I swapped out my old turbo water pipe for a non-turbo water pipe that doesn't have the provision for the coolant line. Is there another good source for water to the turbo or should I look into getting another turbo water pipe?

When I had my old 3065 I just used the old throttle body lines. Not really the lines, but I fed it from the back of the water pipe by the heater core line. And return it at thermostat housing on the back side.

For the turbo I just modified the stock 14b banjo bolt lines.

This is the same way I'm going to feed the new GT4202RV

I just welded a -6AN bung to my NT pipe (from my old setup). Could just as easily drilled/tapped and used an NPT to -6AN fitting/hose barb :dsm:

I agree. Weld a -6an fitting on to the nt pipe. Or better yet a female pipe thread fitting so that when you change turbos to a oil cooled only one you can plug it and vise-versa. Also get rid of that nipple on the T-stat housing and do the same thing. The braided lines give a lot cleaner engine bay look aswell.

Chris, that fitting you're refering to is the return, not the feed so if you're going to use your TB coolant fittings as return, make sure you use the one connected to the pipe, not off the thermostate housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back