The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo manifold spacer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedBlk95GSX

10+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2009
Knoxville, Tennessee
my t3/t4 is hitting the block and i heard that you can use a spacer to make it clear. if anyone knows where i can get one or point me in the right direction that would be awesome. thanks

Is it hitting the block or the water pipe?

some people beat the pipe in a bit for clearence.

yoour talking about a adapter flange to the head correct? go to any machine shop bring in your stock mani and get them to cut you a flange, have it welded onto the manifold at worste you will have to change out the studs to the head and depending how thick you need it you might have some clearence issues with the power steering pump and may have to remove it before the install

There are a few of the regular sites that sell just the head flange, you can use this as your spacer.

You will run into a few items that need to be taken care of at the same time. You'll need longer studs, which means you run the risk of breaking the ones that are in there now. You'll also need 2 exhaust manifold gaskets, which means one more place for leaks.

If all that is fine by you, go for it. However, taking a hammer to the waterpipe is a simpler solution that won't hurt your cooling system and should give you the clearance needed.

yeah dont crush it to were its closed just enough for the turbo to fit.

doing something like this is normal when you try to stuff a small block into an s-10 so the firewall lets you get some aggression out LOL

so i'm just having a machine shop make my old manifold into a spacer so everything will clear nicely. thanks for all the help guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back